EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » African Brother in Morocco wanted for Atheism.. » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
BREAKINGWanted for atheism!

REE ARABS EXCLUSIVE: Morocco's police is looking for atheist activist Imad Eddin Habib, 22. Potential charges: creating the “Council of ex-Muslims of Morocco”, and stating: “there is no God but Mickey Mouse”.

Print
Email

With an ice cream by broad daylight during Ramadan. The provocative picture earned Imad angry reactions.
Imad 2

(Read this article in French)

The whereabouts of Moroccan student Imad Eddin Habib, 22, are unknown since yesterday, April 29 in the evening. A few days ago, plainclothes policemen interrogated his father at his workplace. They wanted to know whether Imad was supported by a foreign organization, what his goals and motives were… Yesterday, Apr 29, they broke into an address that is mentioned on the young man’s ID—only to find out that he doesn’t live there anymore. Informed that he was a wanted individual, the Casablanca paramedical student decided to go underground. It will probably not take long before he resurfaces. Yet, that might be long enough for a solidarity campaign to start.

Imad Eddin Habib is not a criminal—at least not under international law and international treaties on freedom of speech and conscience. The reason why the Moroccan police is after him, is that he’s an outspoken atheist.

In the Islamic kingdom of Morocco, atheism itself is not a criminal offense. “Shaking the Muslim’s faith” is. Under this vague designation, anyone openly criticizing Islam or promoting any other religion can be condemned to a prison term ranging from 6 months to 3 years (Christian missionaries are regularly expelled from the kingdom in virtue of this article.) In other words: when you live in Morocco, you can think whatever you want of religion, but you better keep it for yourself.

These past years, more and more Moroccans claimed their refusal of this religious omerta. The most mediatized case remains that of Kacem El Ghazali, an atheist activist who was granted political asylum in Switzerland, and recently testified before the UN against the persecution he suffered when he lived in Morocco. Local activists for freedom of conscience are increasingly vocal online. In 2009, a Facebook group called Alternative movement for individual freedoms (MALI) called a daylight picnic during the month of Ramadan, when Muslims can eat only before dawn and after dusk (by provision of Morocco’s penal code, it is also forbidden to break the Ramadan fast publicly, under penalty of 6 months in jail). Since then, similar groups mushroomed on Facebook. Most activists operate under aliases, but Imad Eddin Habib is among the few who act unmasked.
Imad 1
When the young Moroccan posted a picture of himself holding a sign with the bold statement: “I am proud to be an atheist”—the picture got more than 1000 “like” (image Facebook)

In the summer of 2012, Imad founded Masayminch (“We will not fast”), a group vowing to continue MALI’s conversation on freedom of conscience. More than 600 persons signed in. The young man went ahead and posted a picture of himself holding a sign with the bold statement: “I am proud to be an atheist”—the picture got more than 1000 “like”. The Moroccan activist engaged in heated debates, argued passionately, joined international groups such as the Global Secular Humanist Movement, quoted new atheism guru Richard Dawkins, secular arab thinkers Farag Foda, Jamal El Banna and Ahmed Assid… Also, he didn’t shy away from sheer provocation. During the 2012 Ramadan campaign, he went as far as posing, smiling in broad daylight with a scoop of ice cream and a victory sign.

As expected, Imad received tons of insults and a couple of direct death threats. But he received them with a playful, sarcastic spirit. One week ago, he posted on Facebook, in a fake panic tone: “Half of Casablanca wants me dead, help, help! The ambiance is turning shitty”. Then the day after, this highly philosophical question: “when Satan decided to disobey God, who was the Satan who inspired him to do so?”

Aside of silly provocations, Imad also engages in direct activism. On March 23rd, he created the “Council of ex-Muslims from Morocco”, a Facebook group, he says, aiming to “bring together all non-believers, atheists and non-Muslims”. With 400 “like” one month after its creation, the group aims to dock itself to the Council of ex-Muslims of Britain, a forum founded in 2008, with a track record of more than half a million discussion posts.

Imad receives tons of insults - and a couple of frank death threats - with a playful, sarcastic spirit. One week ago, he posted on Facebook in a fake panic tone: “Half of Casablanca wants me dead, help, help! The ambiance is turning shitty”

Given his incessant activism, it didn’t take long before Imad was noticed by Hespress, Morocco’s premier news website. In an article dated April 29 and titled “Infidels of Islam: stories of Moroccans who went out of the flock”, the young Casablanca student was presented as “The man who holds a grudge against Islam”. Under Imad’s infamous ice-cream picture, the site quotes him saying: “it just takes an objective reading of the Quran to understand that these are myths invented by humans”. This was not, by all means, his most provocative statement. But Hespress’s large circulation gave Imad an exposure he never had before. A few hours later, the police would knock at his family’s door. As for now, we still don't know whether there is a formal arrest warrant against him.

One of Imad’s latest posts before he went underground was a paraphrase of the Shahada, Islam’s profession of faith, apparently aimed at those who menace him: “There is no God but… Mickey Mouse!” “Immature provocation, only meant to generate a Facebook buzz”, as said an annoyed detractor on Twitter? Maybe. But does this justify the 500+ insults response it received anyway, including a couple of frank death calls? Does it justify a trial, probably followed by a prison sentence?

-

At the time of this writing (Monday Apr 29, 2013, midnight), Imad is still hiding. But this won’t last long. An arrest could ensue, followed by a trial that is likely to get high media attention, because it would be the first time a Moroccan citizen is sued for atheism. Imad, who comes from a modest background, can’t afford a good attorney. Morocco’s hotshot lawyers usually rush to offer pro bono representation to famed journalists and political dissidents. Would they do the same with someone who took on the ultimate taboo—God? Wait and see.

Troll Patrol
Member # 18264
 - posted
More will follow, a lot do not even comprise with Islamic tradition. I have seen lifestyles. But will not go into details.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371
 - posted
Brave, but who will ride to his rescue.

mena7
Member # 20555
 - posted
I like this guy.according to the Koran living Islam is punishable by death.Im aqgreing with Imadh God doesnt write books, the law of God is in nature and the Cosmos and the objective reading of the Koran anf bible shows they are myths invented by humans.The Cosmic myths of Ancient priesthood that children in understanding think are history and biography.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
Exactly where are the Human Rights advocates who whine about Palestinians?? Where are the Liberals who defend Islam day in and day out, and the Atheists who bash Christianity.

If I could Id help this brother out.

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736
 - posted
Where are the folks who whine about atheists going to jail in Islamic countries when holocaust deniers are jailed in Europe?

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
The only country that I know of that jails Holocaust sympathizers is Germany. They Jail Neo-Nazis If Im not mistaken so it begs the qustion, why do you care, Hitler would have gasses, shot or enslaved your black ass if he had his way. Niggers were lower than Jews to your Hero, Go read Mein Kamph, it was the Jews who brought the dreaded Negro to Rhineland.

Like I said where are the people who whine about Palestinian rights at?
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
Where are the folks who whine about atheists going to jail in Islamic countries when holocaust deniers are jailed in Europe?

Troll Patrol
Member # 18264
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
I like this guy.according to the Koran living Islam is punishable by death.Im aqgreing with Imadh God doesnt write books, the law of God is in nature and the Cosmos and the objective reading of the Koran anf bible shows they are myths invented by humans.The Cosmic myths of Ancient priesthood that children in understanding think are history and biography.

Cosigned strongly!

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
The only country that I know of that jails Holocaust sympathizers is Germany. They Jail Neo-Nazis If Im not mistaken so it begs the qustion, why do you care, Hitler would have gasses, shot or enslaved your black ass if he had his way. Niggers were lower than Jews to your Hero, Go read Mein Kamph, it was the Jews who brought the dreaded Negro to Rhineland.

quote:

You need to familiarize yourself with holocaust denial laws in Europe and its victims. And its not about being pro-Nazi jackass, it's about consistency. If it's bad in Morocco then it's bad in Europe. You are not really interested in free speech, you're just a raving Islamophobe. Nothing wrong with that, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
Islamo-phobe, how cute. A little bit of white liberal vocabulary is rubbing off on you..lol

Hypocrite about what? When the hell have I been against freedom of speech? Did I say that people should be jailed for denying the Holocaust? F-k out of here with that strawman sh-t.

Denying the Holocaust is not a religion nor is believing it it either. Religion is a way of life, its more than just an issiue of "Freedom of Speech". People Bitch about the Palestianians rights Complaining of the Jews dominating the Muslim Arabs, so where are they on Muslim Domination and Aggression which is just as Parasitical and even more so than Israel will ever be. lol(In your stupid feeble little brain as long as its a Jew or European or anything with Pale skin you're against it, yet the Arabs have been leeching off the African and others for Thousands of Years, sitting in Arabia laughing at you abdeeds defend them so.)... The Comment must have hit home considering your knee-jerk reaction and appeal to Fallacy argumentation. So Who's the Real Hypocrite now...................

Actions speak louder than words.....

if You want to talk about Holocaust denial then make a damn thread on it, stop wasting my damn time. You Jewphobe(See now I sound as stupid as you) [Roll Eyes] .

quote:
quote:

quote:

You need to familiarize yourself with holocaust denial laws in Europe and its victims. And its not about being pro-Nazi jackass, it's about consistency. If it's bad in Morocco then it's bad in Europe. You are not really interested in free speech, you're just a raving Islamophobe. Nothing wrong with that, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

mena7
Member # 20555
 - posted
In Al Jazeera news on link tv the Buddhist majority in Myanmar are burning the muslim minority call Raginda villages and expelling them from the area.The hostility against muslim started in january 2013. 200 muslims died and thousand went to exiled by boat in bangladesh and Thailand.I condamn the oppression and killing of innocent human beng.

Im asking myself is it a preemptive attack by the Myanmar Buddhists on the muslim minority Rohinga seing what destruction and killings the muslim did and are doing in Irak, Syria, libya, Mali, Somalia,Yemen, Nigeria etc under the command of proxy countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar.Buddhist are usualy peaceful and self control people.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736
 - posted
quote:
[QB] The Comment must have hit home considering your knee-jerk reaction and appeal to Fallacy argumentation. So Who's the Real Hypocrite now...................

Actually my reply exposed your hypocrisy, especially when you tried to brush aside the significance of holocaust denial laws in Europe as being confined to German and jailing only "Neo-Nazis". Your anti-Mulsim as I am anti-Zyonist, Jarhead. You're just a hypocrite that's the only difference. [Roll Eyes]

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736
 - posted
quote:
Exactly where are the Human Rights advocates who whine about Palestinians?? Where are the Liberals who defend Islam day in and day out, and the Atheists who bash Christianity.

If I could Id help this brother out.

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:

How come you don't get hysterical and bleeding heart about the over four million dead in the Congo Jarhead? Is it because it cannot be used as arsenal against Islam since Christians and Jews are at the center of it? [Eek!]

-

Where are the Islamophobes who defend Christianity and bash Islam day in day out?

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
lol, you're a Joke. If Im a Hypocrite you are as well, your the pot calling the kettle black. And Please don't make me laugh trying to compare my distaste for the garbage religion praised as "The Black Man's Religion" and your Jew-phobic obsession. Majority of my posts made here have nothing to do with Islam, whinel 99% of what you post is in some way about the Jew. You are nothing BUT A Jew-phobe, nothing more, nothing less.

You keep bringing up Red Herrings to distract from the fact that the Hypocritical Muslim Apologists who bitch about Palestinians don't say **** when the Arabs do the same to non Muslims in their land.

Stick to the subject of get off my thread.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736
 - posted
No distraction, only exposing your hypocrisy. Foreign domination in Africa is a legitimate worry, but you are not concerned about that since you never make a thread or bitch about how inherently vile the west is using places like the Congo as examples. Over four million dead yet you never make a thread or bitch about it??? [Eek!] You're as fake as those who decry "Chinese imperialism" in Africa but conveniently forget or downplay what the west did and is still doing. Youve been outed Valerie.

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
Like I said you are nothing but a clown trying your best to appeal to Red Herring Fallacy argumentation to distract from the fact that you got hot in the panties when I called out the Hypocrisy of the whining Liberal Human Rights protesters when it comes to Zionist oppression v. Arab/Muhammadan oppression.

but please keep trying boy...as they say when you fail dust yourself off and try again.

mena7
Member # 20555
 - posted
Im very sad and angry about the Congo genocide were 6 millions people died.The Congolese claimed Rwanda and Uganda governements used as proxy by Western governements and corporations are responsible for the Congolese genocide.

The Congolese need to publicise their genocide in world media like the holocaust and the Rwanda genocide of Tutsi.There was also mass raped of congolese women in East Congo.The African Union have to stengthen their political power and military power to stop genocide in Africa.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736
 - posted
Continue to feign outrage and cry your crocodile tears for an atheist in Morocco while ignoring millions dead in places like the Congo because it cannot be used against Islam. "If I could Id help this brother out." LOL

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
LOL, Like I said keep trying dawg, I knew you were feeling froggy when I called out your hypocrite ass whining and bitching about the Palestinians and Zionist oppression but remaining silent on the Muhammadans. You're a fucking joke, no one's falling for your sh#t man..lol, I mean considering all those threads you made on the Congo Genocide and not Israel/Jews.-Oh ****, there are none.

Bitch your glass house has already crashed into the Ocean and your simply drowning in your own stupidity, desperate for a way out. You're the fucking Kettle calling the pot black..lmao.

malibudusul
Member # 19346
 - posted

malibudusul
Member # 19346
 - posted
 -

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
quote:
I'm very sad and angry about the Congo genocide were 6 millions people died.The Congolese claimed Rwanda and Uganda governements used as proxy by Western governements and corporations are responsible for the Congolese genocide.
Meena,

I checked that number and have to the conclusion that it's a phoney made-up number.

Here's why:

1)The present population of the Congo is some 78 million-80 million.

2) The population growth rate has been constant 2.4% for the last 15 years.

3) Compare that with the population growth rate of a stable West African nation not involved in wars: Ghana. The population growth rate of Ghana is 2.3%.

4) The resource wars in the Congo are small time stuff with mainly basic weaponry, nothing heavy like tank warfare, bombings, chemical warfare--as in the case of Iraq and Syria--and the fact that the Congo is such a vast nation--bigger than Western Europe--means that people have space to flee into.

5) In fact, Congo's population growth is on par and even higher than many African nations.

6) So 6 million figure is bogus and I have no idea where it came from.

7) We must be careful about what we read given that most news about Africa is put out by Western and European sources.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
^^^
The little Jew-Phobe is simply using Congo as his scape goat, he does'nt give two shits about them. He's probably only became aware of it due to it being featured in an anti-Holocaust Political cartoon. He only brought it up doe save his Hypocrite froggy arse after he Jumped when I brought up the Hypocrisy of the whining Liberal who bitch about Palestine.

If it does'nt have to do with a Jew, the Jew-phobe does'nt care. He does'nt give a rats ass about Congo.

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
quote:
Im very sad and angry about the Congo genocide were 6 millions people died.The Congolese claimed Rwanda and Uganda governements used as proxy by Western governements and corporations are responsible for the Congolese genocide.

Meena,

I checked those numbers out and they are just blatantly phoney. Here's why.

1) The population of the Congo is some 77-80 million in a land area bigger than all of Western Europe--France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc. all put together. Now that's pretty big.

2) The population growth rate over the last 15 years has been steady. No blips which would signal some kind of population loss.

3) The population growth rate of the Congo has been 2.4% annually which is higher than a number of African countries. It's neighbour Congo-Brazzaville is 2.4% also. The U.S. annual population growth rate is 0.7%.

4) Compare Congo's growth rate with that of a stable country like Ghana which has not been involved in war. Ghana's population growth rate is 2.3%. per annum.

5) The resource wars in the Congo have been mainly small time stuff with just an old tank here and there and the weapons used are basic small bore stuff.

6) Now compare that with the heavy bombings, up close killings, even poison gas, etc.--as you see in Syria and you saw in Iraq with the U.S. invasion.

7) The U.S. invasion of Iraq has killed so far 1 million after 10 years. The U.S. killed 3 million Vietnamese over a period of 13 years with massive bombings of all sorts. So far, the savage war in Syria has killed some 70,000 over 2 years plus. So it is difficult to see how 6 million could be killed in the Congo in a very low intensity resource war--where refugees from the fighting have lots of space to run into.

8) Again, that number is phoney and I have no idea who made it up and with what motive in mind.

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
Black Agenda Report doesn't agree with lamin's cover up math:

quote:

" 1996, set in motion a genocide that left six million Congolese dead."
- Glen Ford

http://blackagendareport.com/content/second-wave-genocide-looms-congo-susan-rice-point

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
Glen Ford usually posts some useful analysis but he's wrong on this one. He was just repeating a mantra dropped by some unknown source.

I offered a trenchant critique of this phoney number.

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

I checked those numbers out and they are just blatantly phoney. Here's why.

1) The population of the Congo is some 77-80 million in a land area bigger than all of Western Europe--France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc. all put together. Now that's pretty big.

2) The population growth rate over the last 15 years has been steady. No blips which would signal some kind of population loss.

3) The population growth rate of the Congo has been 2.4% annually which is higher than a number of African countries. It's neighbour Congo-Brazzaville is 2.4% also. The U.S. annual population growth rate is 0.7%.

mid 2012

DRC population 69,117,000

http://www.prb.org/DataFinder/Geography/Data.aspx?loc=299

2013 CIA estimate: 75,507,308

DRC population growth rate 2011
2.614% (PRB)

DRC population growth rate 2013
2.54% (CIA)

Since the outbreak of fighting in August 1998,
Some 5.4 million people have died
It has been the world’s deadliest conflict since World War II
The vast majority have actually died from non-violent causes such as malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition—all typically preventable in normal circumstances, but have come about because of the conflict.

Data on population size and other statistics on DRC vary from different sources and have wide error margins

Name your sources for 2013 or 2012,2011?
you list a lower growth rate

for instance you said 2013
"population of the Congo is some 77-80"

CIA estimate: 75,507,308

the average of 77-80 = 78.5

If you took your high figure of 80 mill and suntract
the CIA estimate, there is a 4.5 mill gap right there

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
LOL. Why do you confer all this infallibility on the CIA. They have made many mistakes in the past.

LOL, again and again. To determine a population's growth you measure the annual growth rate. As I said the Congo growth rate has been steady for the last 15 years. It approximately the same as its neighbour--Congo-Brazzaville.

I added in the extra 3 million as a stochastic variable to capture the 3-4 million that the fly in-fly out Western demographers have come up with. Do they have time or the resources to travel ino every remote village in an area as vast as the Congo? No.

Even in the U.S., do you have an accurate estimate of the number of so-called "illegal aliens" there. Some say 11 million, others say 15 million, etc.

There are resource wars in the Congo over resources but those are small time affairs.

The French plundered Algeria for 15 years in their war against the FLN. They killed some 1.5 million people. And the French used tanks, fighter jets, bomber planes, and a general scorched earth policy to defend the landmass they called "Algerie Francaise".

Again, analogical proof that the magic Holocaust number of 6 million is just amusingly phoney.

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
And again, if you are going to get a better estimate of the Congo population growth rate you compare it with other African nations. The DRC growth rate is just about average for Africa as a whole.

So if there was a serious population loss of some 6 million it's growth rate would be much lower--like that of the U.S. 0.7% and Russia 0.0% after a period of population decline.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371
 - posted
http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pav&action=display&thread=1378

check this out for those interested in the Congo.

http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hist&action=display&thread=1379

How it all got started.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com