EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » HISTORY MADE AS BRITAIN COMPENSATES MAU MAU » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
kikuyu22
Member # 19561
 - posted
Anyone who knows anything will find this interesting for at least 2 reasons. The possibility of more lawsuits overt the colonial and decolonisation process and the peculiar Brit moral certainty.
quote:

Their comments reveal that sadly many are still stuck in the matrix of false hilariously self serving historical narratives:
-colonialism was about ending the slave trade
-Britain simply wanted to bring about Christianity
-the West led by Britain wanted to bring a Protestant work ethic and end the brutishness of the typical native lifestyle of indolence and debauchery
Despite the fact that HMG didn't dispute one of the 5 plaintiffs had been castrated and the lone woman among them sexually assaulted with a bottle these sentiments are typical of the British mindframe:
http://karanjazplace.blogspot.com/2013/06/britain-learns-what-colonialism-was-all.html
The survivors of Brit bastardy in the 1960s in Aden,Malaysia,Oman and even earlier all over the world may now be emboldened to seek justice.

jantavanta
Member # 20328
 - posted
I read in Barak Obama's Dreams From My Father that his paternal grandfather was a victim of anti Mau Mau persecution and was wrongfully detained in prison, despite having fought for the British in World War I or II

Sundjata
Member # 13096
 - posted
Ha! This IS pretty big news. I remember passionately debating 1 or 2 conservative assholes in one of my undergraduate courses subsequent to reading Caroline Elkin's "Imperial Reckoning", which thoroughly documents the brutality of the British regime in colonial Kenya. One particular fool had the nerve to direct all of the attention and blame on the violence of the so-called Mau Mau "rebels" (many would argue that they were actually freedom fighters, which shows you the power of semantics).

All that I have to say to this is....vindication! I wish this would have happened two years ago, lol. Even the British now are ackowledging their own colonial savagery.

mena7
Member # 20555
 - posted
Im very suspicious of that public relation move by the British imperialist and colonialist.The British elite rule the Western world that include the EU, white North America, Australia, Carribean British island.They also rule South Africa by proxy.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com