EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Indigenous Language Revival » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Autshumato
Member # 22722
 - posted
There are seemingly a growing trend of "First Nations" coming together and advocating the revival of their ancient culture, language in particular. But a closer look, and one can not miss the obvious - most of these "First Nation" advocates​ are white. This mostly happens in places outside of Africa, but Africa has fallen victim too of this trend - Egypt, Morocco etc. The people advocating for language revival and studying indigenous languages are mostly of European descend, and it makes one wonder what they stand to gain by revival languages​(and cultures​) they wanted to destroy so badly?

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129
 - posted
This is just a case of Linguists trying to make a name for themselves by recovering dying languages.

Autshumato
Member # 22722
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
This is just a case of Linguists trying to make a name for themselves by recovering dying languages.

I agree, but there might be more to it. Some might do it to make a name for themselves but with whites there's always something more. Like, most of the people learning these dying languages​ are white children, and in the future their children will learn this language and not before long they adopt the the entire culture etc. claiming indigenous status. This is happening all over the world.

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Autshumato:
[QB] There are seemingly a growing trend of "First Nations" coming together and advocating the revival of their ancient culture, language in particular. But a closer look, and one can not miss the obvious - most of these "First Nation" advocates​ are white.

do you have any evidence, links to articles showing this?

Autshumato
Member # 22722
 - posted
@Lioness, the evidence is all over the internet.

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
what is a URL link to one example?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com