EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Richest 1% own half of the world wealth » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mena7
Member # 20555
 - posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5082027/Richest-1-half-world-s-wealth-report-reveals.html

Richest 1% own half the world's wealth as gap between super-rich and the rest widens, annual report reveals
One per cent of the world's adult population own 50.1% of of the world's wealth
Their combined wealth is worth approximately $140trillon, or £106trillion
Meanwhile, 3.5 billion people across the globe own less than $10,000 in assets
Overall, Credit Suisse found global wealth at mid-2017 totalled $280 trillion

Mena: This is very wrong that 1% of the richest people in the world own half of the world wealth. this inequality make it difficult of member of the world middle class and poor class to become rich.

This concentration of wealth in the hand of few allow them to concentrate political power in their hands. Extreme inequality is an hidden sophisticated dictatorship.

The European colonization of the world 500 years ago and the building of a world trade system in their favor are the reasons wealth is concentrated in the hands of few Western and Asian (East Asians, Arabs ally with the West) businessmen.

I am skeptical on how Credit Suisse calculate world wealth in order to declared that 1% of the rich own half of the world wealth. The rich class stocks, bonds and mutual fund possessions are not real wealth because in a time of economic recession all those paper wealth can loose value. I dont think the rich 1% own the majority of lands, mines, undiscovered and unexploited mineral wealth and human labors in the world.

-
Global millionaires who make up just one per cent of the adult population own 50.1 per cent of of the world’s wealth, or $140tn (£106trillion), according to Credit Suisse's global wealth report. Pictured above, the world's richest man, Bill Gates

-
 -
Among the world's richest are businessman Warren Buffett (left) and founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos (right)

-
Approximately 23.9million new millionaires have been created since 2000, more than 8million in the United States and 7.9million in Europe

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
Real wealth is land and resources. That's quite different from paper wealth.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com