EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » theLioness lives in Luxor » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Tukuler
Member # 19944
 - posted
ANCIENT EGYPTIAN STATUES OF LION GODDESS SEKHMET DISCOVERED IN 3,500-YEAR-OLD BURIAL TEMPLE OF PHARAOH AMENHOTEP III

Archaeologists in Egypt have uncovered pieces from 27 fragmented statues of the lioness goddess Sekhmet at a dig site in the country’s southern city of Luxor.

The experts found the black granite statues at the funerary temple of Amenhotep III. The legendary Egyptian pharaoh, also known as Amenhotep the Magnificent, was the ninth Pharaoh from the ancient nation’s Eighteenth Dynasty.

-  -

Sekhmet, the deity of war and healing, was depicted with the symbol of life in one hand, holding a scepter (a regal staff) made of papyrus reeds in the other. On her head she wears a crown made with a sun disk, and her forehead is decorated with a serpent headdress, a symbol of ancient royal power in Egypt.

Over the last two decades, 287 statues of Sekhmet have been recovered in the area.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/27-statues-of-goddess-sekhmet-unearthed-in-luxor/

Elite Diasporan
Member # 22000
 - posted
Welcome back. [Smile]

Linda Fahr
Member # 21979
 - posted
I like to know who were the sculptors of Ancient Egypt. I haven't any information of whom they were.

If is there any topic with their names, may you please let me know...

mena7
Member # 20555
 - posted
Beautiful statue of Goddess Sekhmet/Sakhmet.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com