EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Pizza was invented in Punt !! » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
 -
Tomb of Rekhmire (TT100),reign of Thutmose III:
tribute bearers from Punt bringing large pizza slices

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966
 - posted
Flat bread with toppings?
Probably started Papua ~24ka, sago palm flour flat bread with toasted grubs on top, first meat-lovers pizza, or maybe rolled like a burrito. But cut slices were later, I guess.

Black Crystal
Member # 22903
 - posted
Black folks invented everything and they mama! lmfao

Ish Gebor
Member # 18264
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
Probably started Papua ~24ka, sago palm flour flat bread with toasted grubs on top, first meat-lovers pizza, or maybe rolled like a burrito. But cut slices were later, I guess.

Can you show evidence?

Ish Gebor
Member # 18264
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -
Tomb of Rekhmire (TT100),reign of Thutmose III:
tribute bearers from Punt bringing large pizza slices

These most likely were made from Teff grains. We starting to learn more about this just now and how important Teff has been for thousands of years.

Tukuler
Member # 19944
 - posted
Continuing the josh.

The cheetah skin napkin proves the pizza tribute is for the royalty!

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

Can you show evidence?
Not sufficient to convince a skeptic. I put together some isolated facts into a plausible storyline. Starch processing via pounding sago palm fruiting stalk, inventing adze (remove starch) & spatula (flapjack lifter & Tasmanian women diver abalone scraper), which were then used for other purposes (hoe, shovel).

I have no evidence that this was done previously in Africa/EurAsia, say before 24ka, only after 14ka Natufians.

Ish Gebor
Member # 18264
 - posted
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

Can you show evidence?
Not sufficient to convince a skeptic. I put together some isolated facts into a plausible storyline. Starch processing via pounding sago palm fruiting stalk, inventing adze (remove starch) & spatula (flapjack lifter & Tasmanian women diver abalone scraper), which were then used for other purposes (hoe, shovel).

I have no evidence that this was done previously in Africa/EurAsia, say before 24ka, only after 14ka Natufians.

Before you get to flat bread or any type of bread, there is a process of cultivation.

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966
 - posted
Ish Gebor, not necessarily.

the questioner
Member # 22195
 - posted
the lioness is trolling

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by the questioner:
the lioness is trolling

how ridiculous,it is physically impossible to troll one's one topic

Tukuler
Member # 19944
 - posted
Josh #2

Yuck, moldy cold month old pizza from 1000 miles away.

Where's pizza rat when ya need 'im?

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
 -

quote:
...this cheese making technology would later be usurped by the Romans and later came to be known as "Mozarella" (wolof, Moz,milk, ella, to form into loaf), enzymes from bee pollen were added to break down the lactose to enhance digestibility (Molineux, 1962)

...when the Punites neared Egypt they set up an earthen oven and cooked the teff crust pizza to perfection

-pg 164-165
Trade Along the Nile
Basil Weatherwax - 1978

Black Crystal
Member # 22903
 - posted
Just direct your feetza to Daddy Greens Pizza, Bruce Lee Roy!!!

-

Tyrannohotep
Member # 3735
 - posted
The characters in the OP picture look like they're carrying bowls of red fruit (or something else of a reddish color) to me.

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
guess what, tomatoes are a red fruit

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966
 - posted
Cheese was made in Egypt 5,200 years ago, only 2,000 years after coastal Dalmations of Croatia.

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
yes and they were importing cocaine. That means connects in the region also brought in tomatoes from the Americas. The pizza pie symbolized the sun disk of Aten

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966
 - posted
Meew@Wolof: milk
Ibogi@Pirahã: milk;
Susu@Malay: milk (suckle?)

Peace Corps dictionary: biti 'to cover, wed, milk' (verb)

Possibly ~bilge (cloud.y water) which is covered.

soow 'cream, sour milk'

sour? Used also with lemon?

moca 'to suck'

Muka, mulut, mak@Malay; motla@Aztec: mother

And the Dictionnaire français-volof (1923) has
sôʋ 'milk'
méʋ 'milk (sweet and fresh)'
mûsu 'suck'
măt̤,mot̤'suck (fruit)'
nampŭ 'suck (the breast)'

I wonder about the na- prefix.
Mpu ~ mbua/mo
Cf lembu@Malay: cow

Ross Clark: "I was beginning to think the m- 'suck' words might be the source of Basil's 'moz', but I doubt it. I think he's a fabulator. Wolof has no /z/ phoneme and nobody seems to use the letter in spelling it."

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966
 - posted
Beer & Pizza by 13ka Natufians

Liu and her research team analyzed residues from 13,000-year-old stone mortars found in the Raqefet Cave, a Natufian graveyard site located near what is now Haifa, Israel, and discovered evidence of an extensive beer-brewing operation.

"This accounts for the oldest record of man-made alcohol in the world," Liu said.

The researchers believe that the Natufians brewed beer for ritual feasts that venerated the dead.

Read more at https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/09/new-evidence-supports-hypothesis-that.html#ftTFUqrYwOrFO46p.99

As Liu notes in the paper, the earliest bread remains to date were recently recovered from the Natufian site in east Jordan. Those could be from 11,600 to 14,600 years old. The beer finding she reports here could be from 11,700 to 13,700 years old.

Ancient beer brewing

Ancient beer is far from what we drink today. It was most likely a multi-ingredient concoction like porridge or thin gruel, said Jiajing Wang, a doctoral student in the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures and a co-author on the paper. Wang has helped Liu research ancient alcohol since 2015 when they first looked at 5,000-year-old brews in China before turning their attention to studying the Natufian culture.

In the Raqefet Cave, Liu and Wang unearthed residual remains of starch and microscopic plant particles known as phytolith, which are typical in the transformation of wheat and barley to booze.

The researchers believe that the Natufians used a three-stage brewing process. First, starch of wheat or barley would be turned into malt. This happens by germinating the grains in water to then be drained, dried and stored. Then, the malt would be mashed and heated. Finally, it would be left to ferment with airborne wild yeast.

Read more at https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/09/new-evidence-supports-hypothesis-that.html#ftTFUqrYwOrFO46p.99

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966
 - posted
Sago palm peel & pound & sieve pith for starch flour for flat bread/pita/pan ~24ka and remaining rind/bark made with adze into bark canoe/piroge in the shape of pisang@Malay: banana or pizzle/penis/petla/post/pike. Removal of pith leaves a pit/hole/hull and a pitch/mound of flour to rinse and make pancakes.

"Pithxagro" cf !hxaro@San: bead

Very interesting match-ups.

What did Natufians 14ka call their canoes & their flat bread?

Punt? Pi(n)ta? (P)harina?
Isn't Farina an Afro-Asiatic term for flour?

Harigolu@Indic: coracle

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com