EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » If I were teleported to ancient Egypt, what would happen to me? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Kimbles
Member # 23765
 - posted
Suppose there was technology that would allow us to teleport back in time. I teleport to ancient Egypt(any time period you think is important to note), what would happen to me? What would the locals think? What would the Pharaoh do in that situation? How would I be treated?

I am African-American from the US. I'm just wondering what would happen to me in this situation, if I were to teleport and try and blend in with the local population. [Smile]

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
they would send you back for trolling

Kimbles
Member # 23765
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
they would send you back for trolling

I am not though.

Tazarah
Member # 23365
 - posted
lioness why did they demote you

Ibis
Member # 23674
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kimbles:
Suppose there was technology that would allow us to teleport back in time. I teleport to ancient Egypt(any time period you think is important to note), what would happen to me? What would the locals think? What would the Pharaoh do in that situation? How would I be treated?

I am African-American from the US. I'm just wondering what would happen to me in this situation, if I were to teleport and try and blend in with the local population. [Smile]

The biggest thing you would have to get past is the language barrier. They'd instantly assume you were a foreigner based on that alone. I'd imagine you'd be captured and investigated shortly after(assuming you're lucky).

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Ibis:
quote:

The biggest thing you would have to get past is the language barrier. They'd instantly assume you were a foreigner based on that alone. I'd imagine you'd be captured and investigated shortly after(assuming you're lucky).
It depends on where and when you landed in Egypt

BrandonP
Member # 3735
 - posted
quote:
quote:

Agreed, unfortunately. I think the Egyptians tended to distrust ethnic or national outsiders regardless of what those outsiders looked like. A lot of ancient-era populations were like that. They probably would let anyone assimilate into their culture if those outsiders were willing, however.

Kimbles
Member # 23765
 - posted
quote:
quote:

I kind of figured that, wow. At least, hopefully, it’ll be by some fit, Egyptian soldiers [Razz]

Kimbles
Member # 23765
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:
quote:
quote:

It depends on where and when you landed in Egypt
Let’s go with any major Egyptian city. Upper or Lower Egypt, doesn’t matter to me. Time period also, but before the 20th Dynasty.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com