EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Orfi? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
KayTee
Member # 3241
 - posted
ok i was just reading a post about "Orfi" i have never heard of this before. it seemed like you guys were saying that men & women can't be together sexually unless they are married? is that it? i plan on visiting Egypt next year to see it's wonders and meet a guy named Amir, we're not going to have sex or anything, but what if we wanted to hold hands while walking down the street? would that be allowed? also, will he be able to visit me in my hotel? any information would help! oh and i only have net access about twice a week, so if i don't reply really fast, thanks ahead of time!

------------------
-heart- KayTee

[This message has been edited by KayTee (edited 10 December 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 June 2004).]

egy_prince
Member # 2853
 - posted
sorry but this is a repetition to alot of silly questions about egypt. I don't know how alot of people see egypt. I'm afraid 2 hear a new post about shaking hands in egypt, if it's possible or against the law.

KayTee
Member # 3241
 - posted
first, i'd like to thank u Monica for your reply.
secondly, i'm sorry if you felt my question was "silly." i guess i didn't know as much about Egypt as i thought i did. all i know is the post i read made it sound as if you weren't allowed to be around men in "that way" unless you were married. that is why i was asking. after all, that is what this board is for, correct? to talk about Egypt related things and ask & answer Egypt related questions.

quote:
Originally posted by egy_prince:
sorry but this is a repetition to alot of silly questions about egypt. I don't know how alot of people see egypt. I'm afraid 2 hear a new post about shaking hands in egypt, if it's possible or against the law.

------------------
-heart- KayTee

Shareen
Member # 989
 - posted
It all depends on where you are meeting this man. Holding hands in the street is acceptable in most areas, but probably not in the rural villages.
It is highly unlikely that he would be able to visit you in your hotel room, but in the lounge or the bar would be fine.

DiscoverEgypt
Member # 3212
 - posted
I'm actually going out to visit a new egyptian friend of mine, and stay with him in his house, I don't know much about this Orfi except what I've read here, but I'm guessing if I'm staying with him that's fine ! Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject - don't mean to offend anyone with my ignorance - it's just got me a bit worried reading about this Orfi being needed if you're visiting a man - surely you can visit and stay with them without this....
quote:
Originally posted by KayTee:
ok i was just reading a post about "Orfi" i have never heard of this before. it seemed like you guys were saying that men & women can't be together sexually unless they are married? is that it? i plan on visiting Egypt next year to see it's wonders and meet a guy named Amir, we're not going to have sex or anything, but what if we wanted to hold hands while walking down the street? would that be allowed? also, will he be able to visit me in my hotel? any information would help! oh and i only have net access about twice a week, so if i don't reply really fast, thanks ahead of time!

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 June 2004).]

Melanie1982
Member # 3038
 - posted
Monica's right we discussed orfi marriage into great depths on the thread divorce under egyptian expeiences please read my conclusion there

egypt_cairo
Member # 3276
 - posted
quote:

hello how are you?
first if amir is muslim so its easy to have sex if he want that so its as u like with him
, but what i want to say that you really made me lough what do you think egypt is u think we dont know any thing about the world do you think we ride camels every where ,noo not true its only for tourist thats all if you want to cheak hands its okk not a proplem here where ever he and you but hands its not matter, only if you think that he can visit u in hotel in ur privite room its so hard , but in any place in hotel its ok, if u like to kiss him in street some times its not easy, but we r not so hard specily with tourisit pepeole
i hope you will have good time here and when you be here god willing u will know how much safe is here ,, have a nice timee
bye byeee

egypt_cairo
Member # 3276
 - posted
quote:

So SOORY i meant its not easy for amir if he is muslim to have sex

KayTee
Member # 3241
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by egypt_cairo:
hello how are you?
first if amir is muslim so its easy to have sex if he want that so its as u like with him
, but what i want to say that you really made me lough what do you think egypt is u think we dont know any thing about the world do you think we ride camels every where ,noo not true its only for tourist thats all if you want to cheak hands its okk not a proplem here where ever he and you but hands its not matter, only if you think that he can visit u in hotel in ur privite room its so hard , but in any place in hotel its ok, if u like to kiss him in street some times its not easy, but we r not so hard specily with tourisit pepeole
i hope you will have good time here and when you be here god willing u will know how much safe is here ,, have a nice timee
bye byeee

i would just like to say that no, i do not think that people in Egypt ride camels everywhere & don't know anything about the world. i talk to people from your country pretty often. i was just asking about the orfi thing because i was simply curious.

------------------
-heart- KayTee

kashapops
Member # 2405
 - posted
Hi KayTree
I think your question is perfectly valid. But I would say go back over the archives in this forum and you will find answers to most questions and lots of useful information.
Good Luck - Egypt is a wonderful country and the people are warm and friendly. There are some hustlers out there but they stand out a mile from the rest of the Egyptians. Just follow your instincts

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com