EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » how can i post to egypt? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
wilsonkick
Member # 3153
 - posted
I have been informed by the post office (in the UK) I can not send items through the post to Egypt, or they will be taken by the post office in Egypt (as it will be classed as importing goods) ..... My sister has given me 300+ brand new outfits / tops / dresses / pants ect, ect, for children (she has given up her ebay job! and given me all her stock) I want to get them to my friends in Luxor so they can give them to the children of the villages they live in, and as there is so much I can not carry it all when I go in July! Do any of you know a way around the postal problem??? I sent one parcel and said the value was under 15LE and it was a gift ... the post here said it may get through but can not guarantee it! Any sugestions would be much appreciated! Thank you Joanne

Aruba
Member # 3307
 - posted
I can only suggest you to send with a courier company....It might cost more money than you want to pay...but this is the most secure method...Try DHL for example....

The post in Egypt is diffinitely famous for NOT getting the packages there....

And also it might get stopped in customs...you have to be aware of these things....

Hope this helps a little bit

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
No, sorry..... DHL, FedEx, or Post.... it doesn't matter....Customs gets to look at it and if they detirmine that it should be accessed some duty, it will, and there is nothing you can do about it. The ONLY difference is with DHL or one of them, there is much less liklihood that the employees will steal the goods.

Bring what you can in with you, and bring the rest on subsequent trips. Or, sell it and bring the money in to give to the people instead. It is a problem.

Clothing seems to be a particular problem because so much clothing is manufactured in Egypt and they are trying to protect their clothing industry by charging high duty on imported clothes....or at least that is the reasoning behind it.

Aruba
Member # 3307
 - posted
Well that is what I said before...it is more safe with the courier companies as DHL and Fedex...but it will have to go through customs..and it will or might cost money to get it through....So I agree that you should sell the clothes and bring the money instead..most of the time the family needs the money more than clothes anyway..

That were my thoughts

wilsonkick
Member # 3153
 - posted
Thank you all so much..... I see I have a problem here! Well have no use for all the clothes, and I will not be able to post them all! So I guess if any one on the board is going to Egypt then if you have friends / family there who you would like to give some childrens clothes too I will be the one to provide them! Lets face it I will take some with me and then give them to my friends then you can have some to give to your friends! That way children all over will recieve! My e-mail is wilsonkick@aol.com Just let me know your adress and i will send you a parcel of brand new clothes to give to your friends ok ...... Sounds like I am some sort of wierdo! But hay I have no use for them my son is 13 and all the clothes are from new born up to 5 years! So if you are going any time in the coming year let me know and you will recieve the clothes!
joanne

Aruba
Member # 3307
 - posted
Hey again

Well I know that my brother in law and sister in law in Luxor could need some clothes for their two young children.....But I don't know when I will be going to egypt again...Maybe you can send them to my husbands uncle in Aberdeen and he can bring it with him...he will though leave for Egypt in the mid of January....Is this an idea?

My mail is Aruba_77@hotmail.com

Have a nice trip when you go there....I wish it were me

neighbour of jack
Member # 2965
 - posted
If your husbands uncle is traveling with Egypt Air to Luxor he can meet Mr Ibrahim Abd Rabo at Heathrow. He is the station manager for EgyptAir. Tell him the extra is for the Red Cresent Charity. It usually works

Aruba
Member # 3307
 - posted
Im not sure how my husbands uncle are going to travel to Luxor this time....

So I can't really do anything about it..

I just know that my husbands neices and nephew could need some clothes...this is why I wrote as above....

Aruba
Member # 3307
 - posted
Dear Wilsonkick...

Just wanted to say thanks...as we have received the package you have sent of to us...
I'm sure there is some children in our family that will be very happy when they get this clothes..

Thanks for being a wonderful person....there are not many out there like you...Unfortunately

In peace and solidarity...have a good life

Aruba
Member # 3307
 - posted
Hey again

I have just received a mail from a woman....But when I tried to reply to her email, it did not work, as her email does is obviously not set up to receive my mail.

Anyway ms strange woman (I just wanted to help how can you think I tried to do anything special with this ??)...it is not me but Wilsonkick that you need to get a hold of regarding the clothes.

Also I saw that you travel in business to Egypt..maybe you can help me getting a good job there ??

In peace and solidarity

PS : MS WOMAN who thinks I have done something to go against her private life, I have no idea where you got that idea from...how should anybody know who you were anyway ...DONT THINK that I wrote this message in order to borther you...I actually just wanted to help ażou and the children in Egypt....but you can just keep the children on you consience now....have a good life....

[This message has been edited by Aruba (edited 14 January 2004).]

jenprincess1
Member # 2933
 - posted
Hi!

I am working in Kuwait (American). I will be traveling to Egypt April 22. I can take them, if you like.

Hugs,
Jennifer

jenprincess1
Member # 2933
 - posted
....My husband is from Cairo and we will be visiting the orphanage that he sends money to monthly. (we'll be taking toys too)
I forgot to add my email: jenprincess1@hotmail.com

Hugs,
Jennifer

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
I have recd a huge bundle of really good quality clothes which I shall be delighted to distribute to the kids on the West Bank.

Thank you so much Wilson for your genourisity to Luxor.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com