EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Honeymoon in Egypt » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Oilerman
Member # 3425
 - posted
I am getting married this May and we are actually planning a trip to Italy for our honeymoon(June). But I am plannning to surprise my fiance by booking a stop in Egypt first. I'm hoping to keep it a secret until we get to the airport but we'll see if thats possible. We will have 5-8 weeks to travel depending on finances that are still uncertian, with 1 to 2 weeks in Egypt. I am interested in hearing from the multitude of experianced travelers who seem to frequent this board, as to what the must see's and do's are as if I only had a week. I know Cairo is a must and a second stop is definatly Luxor but I would like to hear some other sudgestions, (romantic sudgestions if you have any)

Also I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to Italy from Egypt. Any sudgestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

------------------
Wolfe

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
I know for a fact that Debbie would be extremely helpful in regards to this, but I also would love to make a small suggestion, since you mentionned the 'romantic' aspect!

Taking in consideration that you only have one week, I will suggest a dinner cruise on the Nile ( Debbie might know the best ones) and a day in Alexandria, as a must. When in Alexandria, take a stroll inside the gardens of the "Montazah Palace" as well as on the beaches...My favourite is Aida's beach.

If Florence is part of the Italian trip, it will certainly be a romantic feast!

Happy Honeymoon!

Sincerely,
Monica
PS: The quickest way from Egypt to Italy is certainly by AIR....If your trip is booked TO Egypt, and then back through Italy, that is what they call a 'one free stop', and back to your country from Italy. Lufthanza has the best prices to Egypt but you will have to transfer in Frankfurt via Italy and again on the way to your country. Alitalia is more expensive, assuming you are travelling from North America.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 20 January 2004).]

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
What a great idea guy! If she isn't thrilled by the idea when you announce it to her, throw her back, come to Egypt, and I'll marry you!

Yes, you have the right idea by suggesting Cairo and Luxor. They are the two major cities to visit so you can see the major Pharonic sites of historical value.

Besides this, you have some options.... for romance there is
A) A Nile Cruise (3 or 4 or 7 nights long)
B) The Red Sea - snorkeling, diving, general fun-n-sun activities
C) The Sinai penninsula - combine a hike up Mt. Sinai in the middle of the night to see sunrise over the mountains with the Red Sea activities.
D) A Lake Nasr cruise. More expensive than a Nile cruise, but more remote.
E) A desert safari. Camp out in the White desert overnight and visit an oasis. (3 nights to do it well, but 2 is possible)
F) A trip to Siwa Oasis. Fantastic to see, but a long long bus ride to get there.
G) Over night in Alexandria at the Cecil hotel or the Helnan hotel in Montaza, right on the Mediteranean Sea. Fantastic views and fantastic seafood.

Don't NOT leave enough time in Italy though, or she has my permission to kill you! Italy is too good to miss too!

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Oilerman
Member # 3425
 - posted
Thanks guys, thats good stuff. I am especially interested in the Mt. Sinai hike and the dessert safari. I KNOW that is stuff she'll get a real kick out of. I was looking at nile cruses as an option also. I'll also look into Alexandria as well, they just opened a new library there I think.

Don't worry about not spending enough time in Italy. We'll definatly be in the country for 5 weeks, I'm hoping to extend our trip one or two extra weeks so we can also spend time in Egypt first.

Thanks again guys, if you think of any other great ideas please post them, and Debbie I have your web page book marked so I may be in touch.

Chris Wolfe

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
About the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, yes it was finally re-opened, renewed and refurbished. But... it existed for at least seven centuries - an amazing intellectual adventure!

Happy trip!
Monica

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Oilerman:
and Debbie I have your web page book marked so I may be in touch.

Chris Wolfe

Thanks Oilerman Chris. Look forward to hearing from you.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
i know a lot of people love alex here but frankly i thought it's very dirty. it's very european looking compared to the rest of egypt, so i'd definitely skip it. the bibiotecha cannot compare to any architecture you'll see on your trip in italy. stick luxor for awe-inspiring moments and try a morning hot-air baloon ride at dawn for something romantic.
dont' forget to buy champagne at duty-free when you land as you can only find local wine/beer and all else is imported and expensive (since you can only buy from hotels/restaurants, not retail)

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
Expat....Something new has arrived... AIDA. It's a local champagne. It's not brilliant, but it's not bad either.... quite ok mixed with OJ for a Mimosa or other cocktail, and not even terrible alone.

Granted, good champagne from Duty Free is better for the discerning tastes, but if you forget and/or want something more than what Duty Free will allow, AIDA is available now, and only about LE70 ($10).

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com