EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » getting married » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Lollah
Member # 3436
 - posted
Hello everyone, just some questions about getting married in Egypt. I am American. I met my fiance while he was visiting friends here in the states. He has now gone back to Egypt and I will be coming over in a couple of months and we will marry while I am there. I did see the post about getting married at the Ministry of Justice in Cairo but my question is what else do I need to know? I want to be fully prepared before I arrive. I intend to stay for about a month so that we will have enough time and so that I can get a better understanding of his culture. We will have a christian ceremony not an Islamic ceremony if that makes a difference. I am also interested to know what ittakes for him to come back to the states with me as that is where we plan to live? i have been checking many websites including embassies and government sites but the info I am finding is vague. I want no surprises.

thank you
Lollah

Aruba
Member # 3307
 - posted
Hey there

Just to let u know....u can always expect surprises from Egypt ... the government, the airport, the police and everything that will have anything to do with him getting out of the country...

For your information...u can still get legally married in front of a lawyer and it does NOT have to be in Cairo to make it legal...it might make it faster...I have no idea, but I know that u can get legal papers from any court.... My husband and I did it..and there are no problems with getting this paper accepted outside Egypt..

I wish u the best of luck....Enjo Egypt...and make sure u meet his family...

Lollah
Member # 3436
 - posted
Thank you Aruba.

He is checking into the legalities also but we're just not coming up with much. I will have him check into the lawyer idea.

I will probably stay with his uncle when over there so that I will get a chance to know them and it will be easier than staying with his parents.

Thanks again. I am very excited about seeing Egypt.

Lollah

Sasy Cat
Member # 1250
 - posted
Re: Bringing your husband to the US. This can be a very lengthy procedure. First, he has to get his Egyptian Passport. To get this, he has to complete his military service in Egypt(1-3 yrs. depending on his education). Once he has his passport, he has to apply for a US Visa. Since 9/11, the US does not hurry this procedure - and it can take weeks, months and hopefully not years. This also entails his being an upstanding citizen. If you plan to be with the man you love, I strongly suggest that you consider living with him in Egypt - as he may never be granted a US visa. Every year, far more are turned down than accepted. Wishing you the best of luck!

hateusernames
Member # 3091
 - posted
Why would any egyptian want to go to the states ? The least he should do is wait till bush ,ashcroft and his thugs are out of the whitehouse.
But then again, if he could survided Mubarak, i'm sure he could manage Bush

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
check the american embassy in egypt web site.

they provide exact info on their site as to what you need to bring, translate, notarize, etc.

if you have any questions, call/email them directly and be sure to get the name of who you are speaking with.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com