EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Arabic lessons » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mangeee
Member # 3478
 - posted
Hi,
I'm going to be in Cairo staying in the Sheraton in Heliopolis for about 2 weeks per month for the next 4 months.
At the moment I'm spending the evenings in the hotel getting very bored and I wondered whether anybody would be willing to teach me a little Arabic.
I'm 38 years old, so I'm too old for cutefan to be interested in teaching me (and to be honest I rather think he's looking to teach a woman) so is there anybody else out there interested?
I can't pay much but I'm happy to buy a meal etc. and chat in the bar.
Oh, I'm also looking for somebody to play golf with at the weekends if possible....
Thanks
Grant

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
Grant,

The first thing you want to do is break away from the hotel in the evenings and get your buns down the street to the BCA Clubhouse. We are very close to you...not walking distance, but a short taxi ride.

At the BCA you'll find English speaking folk that have a variety of interests, INCLUDING, but not limited to GOLFING ON WEEKENDS! Yea! I can see you smiling and clapping already!

There are cheap meals available at the club, cheap drinks available at the club, and if you insist to learn Arabic, the staff can teach you a little maybe, but maybe the club isn't the best place for your Arabic lessons. Oh well, can't be EVERYTHING to all people, can we? LOL

A couple of ideas for you on how to get there your first time -
1- You pay for the taxi, and I'll grab one and come up to the hotel and pick you up once and show you where the club is.
or
2- Have someone at the hotel call the club (after 5) 418-5133 and get directions from the staff and write it all in Arabic so you can just give the directions to the taxi driver to take you. This, of couse, is not as sure a thing, but you'd eventually find it no doubt. The address is 11 Mohammed Yousef El Kadi Street. It is in the Colaet el Binet area. And there is NO BIG sign outside saying BCA...just a big gate.

Also, you might look around the hotel to see if you can find a copy of the BCA Chronicle sitting around (maybe down at the Primo Club). If you find one, there is a map in it to the clubhouse.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

hassan
Member # 3483
 - posted
Hi Grant,
How are you? I think I can teach you a little Arabic without any money because I also need to practise my English with native English speakers. Now let me introduce myself. I'm a 26 years old Egyptian guy. I live and work in Cairo. If you are interested, contact me: hassan_sheemy@yahoo.com
Thanks

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
try Sami at Translator47@Hotmail.com or leave your email and I'll email you his mobile in Cairo.

cutefan
Member # 2430
 - posted
hey,
i went through ur email coincidently...hehe..i aint that mean!!..u are welcome anytime...my address is:
online_prince@hotmail.com
take care and i hope u have a wonderful stay in cairo.............ciao.

AMR the great
Member # 3076
 - posted
Hi mangeee,
I think I would be free the next 3 months also, why don't I teach you!!!!
I am perfect in Arabic and good English talker also.
About golf…hmmmm, you who can be my tutor.
My e mail at my profile, have nice evenings.
For good luck I am engineer too. cheers.
Bye,
Amr kamal.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com