EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Divorced,How long must I wait until Marrying an Egyptian man? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Bunny
Member # 3527
 - posted
Hello, I have been seperated a long while. I am just beginning my divorce since I have met the most wonderful man ever. How long must my divorce be final before I may marry him? I appreciate any information anyone has...We are planning to marry however I have heard that I need the finalized form 3 months before I am able to marry ....Thanks for any information! Bunny

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
You're supposed to wait 3 months after the divorce is legal, to confirm that you are not pregnant, when entering your new married life.

quote:
Originally posted by Bunny:
Hello, I have been seperated a long while. I am just beginning my divorce since I have met the most wonderful man ever. How long must my divorce be final before I may marry him? I appreciate any information anyone has...We are planning to marry however I have heard that I need the finalized form 3 months before I am able to marry ....Thanks for any information! Bunny

Rimo
Member # 3586
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Bunny:

The 3 months rule has to do with being a muslim rather than being an egyptian, Like Monica just said, it is to make sure whether you're pregnant or not so there would be no confusion as to who the father of the child is, I know this can be easily found out in a decent lab however, there must be some other divine meaning to the whole 3 months rule may be coz sometimes couples get together for the sake of the unborn baby but you already said u were separated for a long time. So the question is whether you and your man are muslims, this rule is true in Islam, I don't know about that in the Christian religion or Juddhasim for that. Good Luck and a very happy valentine's day.

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
Although the 3 month rule is originally based on Islamic law, it appears that it is now part of Egyptian law. This is what the British Embassy website says about divorcees remarrying in Egypt:

DIVORCED OR WIDOWED WOMEN
Under Egyptian law, a divorced or widowed woman of whatever religion or nationality must observe a period of waiting (known as the Eddah) before she may marry again. Hence, a Notary Public, before performing a civil marriage, is required to satisfy himself that a period of at least 3 months has elapsed in the case of a divorced woman since the termination of the previous marriage. In the case of a pregnant divorcee, however, the period is terminated by the birth of the child. A widow wishing to marry again must observe a minimum period of waiting of 4 months and 10 days.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com