EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » How long for my husband to get his USA Visa? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Bunny
Member # 3527
 - posted
Hello again, I am wondering how long does it generally take for an Egyptian man to obtain an American Visa after he is married? Thanks for any information. Bunny

Sasy Cat
Member # 1250
 - posted
Bunny: first he must get his Egyptian Passport. To get this, he must complete his military service (up to 3 years- depending on his education)& show that he is an upstanding citizen(job, money,etc).Once he has his passport,he can apply for a US Visa.
Since 9/ll US Visas take many months, and hopefully not years. Since you will be married, if you intend to live together, your best bet is to live with him in Egypt as he may never be issued one. The majority of applicants are denied.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
The US is very very reluctant to issue visas I know one couple who have been waiting 4 years. You would be better to consider living in Egypt.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

bay212
Member # 3424
 - posted
Bunny.Better check with U.S. IMMIGRATION LAWYER.EVERY COUNTRY IS ALLOCATED CERTAIN AMOUNT OF IMMIGRANT VISAS EVERY YEAR.THE WAITING PERIOD DEPENDS ON HOW MANY APPLICANTS ARE THERE AT THE TIME U APPLY.THE LAWYER WILL TELL U THE WAITING PERIOD FOR EGYPT. YEARS AGO U WOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOUR HUSBAND IN THE US WHILE WAITINGFOR THE GREEN CARD.GOOD LUCK.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com