EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Where is the money? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Kenzie
Member # 3519
 - posted
It is estimated that 3million vistors go to Egypt every year.

Enrty visa 15$ x 3million is 45 million US$ per year.

3000 tourist visit Luxor every day. Valley of Kings, Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple.
Over one year approx 17 million US$ is collect on ticket fees.

Karnak sound and light has about 1000 visitors per night at 35le. about 2 million US$ per year (ticket fees again).

The above totals to 63 million US$ per year.

What is this money used for?

homesick2
Member # 3093
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie:
It is estimated that 3million vistors go to Egypt every year.

Enrty visa 15$ x 3million is 45 million US$ per year.

3000 tourist visit Luxor every day. Valley of Kings, Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple.
Over one year approx 17 million US$ is collect on ticket fees.

Karnak sound and light has about 1000 visitors per night at 35le. about 2 million US$ per year (ticket fees again).

What is this money used for?

The: "Hosni Mubarak Fund"

Kenzie
Member # 3519
 - posted
Thought so.

loriglenn
Member # 3413
 - posted
Egypt is also the second largest recipient of U.S. aid. I imagine that goes into the "Fund" as well???

sally
Member # 956
 - posted
i read somewhere that egypt makes $1bn per year from tourism.
also the aid from the US is for projects where the contractor is american. so the money ends up back in the US. (mot sure what the projects are - though they are supposed to benefit the egyptian population.

loriglenn
Member # 3413
 - posted
O.K. then the money goes into the "Haliburton Fund". Very sad.

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie:

That's a dollar per person....doesn't sound like that much when you divide it up like that.

homesick2
Member # 3093
 - posted
Here is some information that may help:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1745830.stm

Undead
Member # 3380
 - posted
Debbie is right. 63 Million USD DOES NOT go very far for 70 million people. It doesn't even cover the costs of food subsidies. Nor the military, nor the costs of operating the combined state companies, etc. Most politicians make money by getting kick backs for awarding private companies public contracts, not by taking tax money or visa fees :/. Surely there are some and we can look at Saudia's government (monarchy) and some of the sub-Saharan African countries with failed governments, but I do not think that is what is going on in the Republic of Egypt.
Egypt's GDP per capita is less than 3,800 USD, and that is where the problem lies. The people are not producing enough. The USA GDP per capita is 38,000. Germany GDP per capita is about 30,000. Economic well being comes from the people and their management of their time and money, not from a government centrally controlling everything. Every economic experiment conducted on a nation-wide level has shown that.
The question "where is 63 Million USD being spent" when referring to a GOVERNMENT is incredibly vague, as the government has an entire nation to take care of. We could have a real discussion on improving the economy if the questions were more clear

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 15 February 2004).]

Bent Masr
Member # 3429
 - posted
hi kenzie

homesick2 already said it. it goes to husni omarks stomach.sorry but iam going to wright something thats not within the topic. i havn't bing living in egypt for a long time and i am sure it changed a lot. i mean when i speak to my family there i always here how young people can't find jobs and don't have enough money to pay for what they need and thats so bad coz most people graduate as doctors,engeneers, teachers and don't work. if all these people were working i am sure that egypt would have been one of the richest countries in the world. husni ombarak tackes all the money to himself and leaves the poor to die of hanger it really anoyes me and makes me feel sick coz while he is growing his fat stomach people are dying out there. sorry for wrigting a long replay but i hope that people would agree with me if iam not wrong.
thanx
Bent Masr

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
Bent Masr-

How many people do you think really starve to death in a day, week, year in Egypt? I'm just curious because from your last post, you make it sound like it's a very common occurance.

Have you EVER gone to the world hunger site on the WWW and watched that map they have there? How often do you see Egypt light up? Not very often hun, not very often. Starvation is not one of Egypts biggest problems by any means.

shusha
Member # 3563
 - posted
i have to agree with debbie there i dont think that starvation is a major problem in egypt after all we are talking about the land of "foul & taamia" sorry to make a joke of the subject but couldnt help myself. But Kenzie i think i have figured out where the money goes.....It is used to design more and more hideous billboards housni mubarak to be put up every 10 meters all around just incase anyone in the country should ever dare to forget who the president is

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com