EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Honest Egyptian actions » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
kashapops
Member # 2405
 - posted
I keep meaning to tell you all of 2 wonderful honest actions which took place in Egypt the last time I was there.

We were in Luxor and had gone to buy some scarves and I left the shop with several other bags but left one behind. Several hours later my friend said you are missing a bag of shopping. We guessed I must have left it when buying the scarves. I remember saying to my friend - It's no good going back he wont admit I left the bag there. BUT guess what we went back the next day and explained and the guy said "no, but you left it in the shop next door" Sure enough it was there waiting for me.

The second story on a different trip. We were in another shop and my friend dropped a 20le note and a young girl nudged my friend and pointed to the floor -
Isn't that a great story - she could have picked it up and disappeared - we were so thrilled with her honesty we gave her the note and an extra one too.

gary
Member # 3608
 - posted
such lovely stories kasha
our first experience of egyptian people were the touts in luxor,lots and lots of hassle . first few days we were almost to scared to leave our hotel . 3rd day met someone called johan from manchester, come on chucks i will show you the other side of luxor she said.through her taxi driver friend omar we ended up on the west bank at ahmed house,what an eye opener!! . very little money but they gladly and smiling offered us real hospitality! tea food and a smoke on those pipes , which i still cant remember the name of. ahmed told us how he went to germany for a week and had to come back after 2 days as day 1 he got beat up day 2 he got mugged took all his money which wasnt much , but to him it was .
we were so happy to see the 'real' side of egyptians the rest of our holiday was superb ! once you can get past the touts (who are only trying to make a living) and by the way , the tour reps rip you off a LOT MORE ! egypt is the safest and most honest place you could visit . we have a lot of beggars in torquay UK now and they are very threatening ! i never once whilst in luxor had an experience of someone begging , in fact went to a very poor area once and kids asking for sweets 1 of the children run back into her house and came back with a piece of string and offered to sell it to us ! not begging just trying to sell us her goods........visiting egypt can really touch your heart!!

jaguar
Member # 3378
 - posted
Thanks for bragging about Egyptians in this topic. However, sounds to me like a POW whom was treated nicely and he had to give credit to the enemy.

kashapops
Member # 2405
 - posted
Jaguar - that may be your interpretation but I guess it is not the majority

jaguar
Member # 3378
 - posted
kashapops.. I said IT SOUNDS TO ME.

Raymon
Member # 3727
 - posted
So we have lived those days where honesty makes it to the news.
Honesty should be the rule, and dishonesty is the exception.
This is similar to Egyptian public praise for officials that do their jobs with perfection, as if by default they shouldn't.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

_
Member # 3567
 - posted

I have many good memories about the people in general.

My girlfriend once left her whole bag in a taxi behind; by the time she realized the taxi was gone. About 30 minutes later our doorman knocked on the door together with the taxi driver to return the item.

My husband lost two times (!) his mobile also in the taxi and it was always returned to him.

I can just always say that I was really impressed how honest Egyptians are because in other countries you don't get this experience. If you lose something, its most of the times gone forever.

roddy
Member # 3805
 - posted
hi...yes it is unlikely to ever retrieve lost property....however i had been to a chemist bought some tabs and went to the supermarket in television street...did shopping....back at hotel realised i did nt have my tabs...thought no good to go back.2 days later in supermarket i happened to ask if they had found anything...yes they had my goods pkus a pair of sunglasses i had forgotten...they did not want to take the tip i offered..but i insisted.last visit i held a party for english friend...about 23 people...a drunken do...in morning cd player was gone.....later in the day a guy turned up to give me back the c.d...and so there are ..SOME...good ones......rod

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com