EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Entry visa ? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
gary
Member # 3608
 - posted
we have not got our entry visas yet and intend to get them when we land at luxor. can someone tell me how much the actually are ? i think last year we put £15 in our passports. since then we were told its only £10 and someone else said o no you should of put so much ( exact amount cant remember ) egyptian in there ! . anyone who could tell me how much a visa is when puchased at luxor airport i would be very grateful

------------------
email; garyde@blueyonder.co.uk

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
I'm not 100% sure, as I've never flown into Luxor airport, but in Cairo they are $15 USD, which is probably what you paid before, and that is why the number 15 is familiar to you. If so, then the 10BP makes sense. You do have to pay in foreign currency (as far as I know) so carry either or, but if you only want to carry one, make it USD.
Have a great trip.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Recent guests paid £10 GBP and then got change!!! others recent ones haven't so I am not sure if it is £10 or just under.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

Melanie1982
Member # 3038
 - posted
I have been 11 times and every time it has been £10 with change.

gary
Member # 3608
 - posted
thanks for the replies guys i think its a bit hit and miss , stick a tenner in and pot luck if you get change !

gary
Member # 3608
 - posted
DEBBIE
spending a couple of days in cairo (29th till 3rd) want to see the pyramids someone said its nice to approach them on horseback,would you happen to now what stable they could be talking about or are there loads ? if so any ones youd reccomend ? were staying at the oasis

[This message has been edited by gary (edited 22 February 2004).]

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by gary:
DEBBIE
spending a couple of days in cairo (29th till 3rd) want to see the pyramids someone said its nice to approach them on horseback,would you happen to now what stable they could be talking about or are there loads ? if so any ones youd reccomend ? were staying at the oasis

[This message has been edited by gary (edited 22 February 2004).]

Yes, There are loads of stables, but only one I would use. It is NB Stables. Unfortunately, it isn't the easiest stable to find as it is near the end of the road they are on. If you are working with a taxi driver that mostly is wanting his commission, he will take you to another stable where he'll be paid a commission. If on the other hand you can either call Nasr (the owner) at 012-368-4250 or 382-0435, maybe he can help you find his place. If you do, tell him that you were recommended by Debbie from the Hash and you can pay him LE35 per hour per horse. (DO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR TIME AVOID ANY CONFLICT ABOUT THE TIME AND MONEY) And, you will be sent out with a guide as well, and you'll need to tip him.

Now the only other thing to say on this subject (if you aren't going to hire me to go with you ) is that it would be critical to know when the person that told you about riding at the pyramids went riding. Things have changed drastically in the last year. They have built a huge wall around the pyramids that makes it significantly harder to get into near the pyramids these days. It's not impossible, but you will either need to take me or hire a guide. Not knowing the trails around there I think it is mandatory to have someone with you. Either that, or you can always hire horses right there at the foot of the pyramids, but they are horses that have come in from the back wall, and they will try desperately to over charge you for the ride....and those horses are usually pretty thin and not well taken care of, so take care if you do go this route.

Have fun.
And I'm kind of kidding about hiring me as I'm leaving on my own holiday on the 2nd so I'd only be here for the 29th and 1st, and I'm busy on the 29th and not accepting any work on the 1st....so have a good time without me. I'm sure you will.

gary
Member # 3608
 - posted
DEBBIE HOW COULD YOU !!!!
all ready for booking you then the bomb shell , your not there ! . that wall sounds a bit bizzare what with mac donalds as well !? stressing now till i find a good guide . think the horses might have to be missed this time ..... unless.........how highs the wall ? can they jump it ?!?!

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
I don't want to blame it all on the people with horses, but I think they may have been instrumental in removing sections of the fence that surround the pyramids. There are several sections gone. I found that the first 4 sections that were gone were too difficult for the horses to navigate easily and I wasn't preparred to struggle with my horse or my customers horses to force them at that point. We kept riding up the hill and eventually found a hole that the horses were happy to step through. Don't do something you aren't comfortable with out there. You are a long ways from anywhere a car can come pick you up if you get hurt.

Take care and have fun.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

sybyrite
Member # 3658
 - posted
Hi Gary. About the horses, Check my post and answers "renting horses in cairo". I've received some really good advice here. Debbie has been a great help. As far as Visa, I'm still not sure, but my travel agent wrote that to purchase in States, it is $15. US. If obtained at Cairo Airport it is $20. US. To obtain before leaving, passport must be mailed, and I don't like to drop a passport in the mail prior to a trip. Syb

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
To the best of my knowledge it is still $15 at the airport too. I think your travel agent is wrong.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
it's $15. go to any of the "bank/exchange" windows. they'll give you back 2 small stamps. lick'em and stick'em and walk further to get in line for the customs.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com