EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Gays in Egypt » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
thegorilla
Member # 3350
 - posted
I seen this artical on yahoo and wanted to get opinions from everyone who is willing to respond.LOOK at the link below :
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=535&ncid=535&e=9&u=/ap/20040301/ap_on_re_mi_ea/egypt_entrapping_gays_2

TG

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
It is despicable that Goverments around the world always find scandalous ways to distract 'the people' from crucial national issues. Some victims do pay a high price. It is outrageous, and shocking indeed.

Injustice is also vile. But the fact remains that homosexuality, when caught in Egypt and in some other countries ( search for homosexuality laws and rights around the world on yahoo or google), is considered 'obscene' and obscenity is a punishable crime in Egypt.

Here is an example:

[EGYPT
LAWS: 1. Egyptian law does not explicitly refer to homosexuality, but a wide
range of laws covering obscenity and public morality are punishable
by jail terms. Contempt of religion (falsely interpreting the Koran
and exploiting Islam to promote deviant ideas), is punishable by up
to five years in jail. Immoral behavior (debauchery offense), is
punishable by up to a maximum sentence of three years in jail. ]

Humiliation is horrendous, and I know for a fact that Amnesty International is on this particular one, while we speak, but the latest events are not on their website yet.

Nevertheless, corruption is everywhere, and looking for sexual partners on the net - or else - is definitely not recommended for many obvious reasons - either for homosexuals or heterosexuals, but it is happening as we all know - and some stories make the news!

So, in conclusion I wish governments are stopped from humiliating the people, and I wish the people stop humiliating themselves - in many cases!

I also wish that people stop abusing people too!

International Human Rights organizations are trying their best, with all globally 'known' horrifying cases.

To check other global cases of injustice and horror caused by other governments around the world, please visit: http://www.amnesty.org/

Best regards,
Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 01 March 2004).]

Raymon
Member # 3727
 - posted
There is this provocative article by Yahoo Travel which says male homosexuality is common in Egypt. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-741190-egypt_directory-i

The article has lots of incorrect information, even not related to the subject

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com