EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » have you stayed here? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
wilsonkick
Member # 3153
 - posted
I will be going to Egypy in July with my husband and 14 year old son, we will be staying in 4 different hotels ..... I was just wondering if any one had stayed at these hotels, and if so could you tell me any thing about them....... Thanks

Cairo ... Sofitel Maadi Towers
Aswan ..... Aswan Oberoi
Luxor ..... Mercure Coralia
Hurghada ..... Marriott

egy_prince
Member # 2853
 - posted
Sofitel Maadi is good

_
Member # 3567
 - posted

They all sound great.... you and your family enjoy the trip!

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700
 - posted
just perfect ,go a head

wilsonkick
Member # 3153
 - posted
Thanks for all the posative replies! I guess it will be a good trip then! My husband and I were there in 2001 (Novotel Luxor) but we wanted to show our son egypt as we plan to retire there some time in the future! I wish I could say I was moving there now, but well we all need to work! But the savings for our retirement are coming along niceley! (will be there for good in 20 years!!!) Thanks again to you all, Joanne

philand teresa
Member # 2726
 - posted
We spent a week at the Aswan Oberoi last August. It was perfect. Enjoy your Holiday.

Lukoshko
Member # 3626
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by wilsonkick:

Hurghada ..... Marriott

I was in Marriott in Hurgada in November. It s wonderful hotel! Quite big cosy rooms with seaviews and balconies, pool, nice beach, bar. There is a small iland in the evening there is life music and ballydances. We enjoyed our staying there a lot. Food was ok, not perfect but ok.
One of the best hotels in Hurgada.

There are not so many young people there. And it is not so much fun there. But as for me, the atmosphere is very nice and calm. I am very fault-finding girl, but I liked that hotel a lot!

Have a nice time

roddy
Member # 3805
 - posted
[hi there.yes i have stayed at murecure coralia in luxor many times....its a very good hotel and right on the cornice.alarge hotel but i would recomend a nile view..if you dont have a nile view booked ...just ring reception and make some complaint about the room and i bet they will give you a nile view....always done that and always had an upgrade...bit naughty but you pay enough anyway.they have a number of restuarants...all ok but i would venture out and try some local places like...the ritz near the meridian and snobs which is fairly new but it is a bit out the way.maximes is another place worth trying.enjoy....rodQUOTE]Originally posted by wilsonkick:
I will be going to Egypy in July with my husband and 14 year old son, we will be staying in 4 different hotels ..... I was just wondering if any one had stayed at these hotels, and if so could you tell me any thing about them....... Thanks

Cairo ... Sofitel Maadi Towers
Aswan ..... Aswan Oberoi
Luxor ..... Mercure Coralia
Hurghada ..... Marriott
[/QUOTE]

wilsonkick
Member # 3153
 - posted
Thanks again! ...........Your all so helpful.........Lukoshko.... Please can you tell me if we snorkel from the beach will we see coral and fish? we stayed 48 hrs in Hurgada in 2001 at the Fort Arabesque Hotel and the snorkling was so good right from the beach! Thanks

Lukoshko
Member # 3626
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by wilsonkick:
Lukoshko.... Please can you tell me if we snorkel from the beach will we see coral and fish? we stayed 48 hrs in Hurgada in 2001 at the Fort Arabesque Hotel and the snorkling was so good right from the beach! Thanks

As I know there are no big corals at the hotels' beach. I stayed also in Grand Azure Horizont and there were much more corals there. There are some fishes off course. But it is not the best place for snorkling. However, in the hotel next to Marriott excurtions to coral rifs start. So the rifes are quite close to the hotel. It will be very convenient for u to go to that excursion. It is really very very nice. A yought stops in 3 different places and u will see lots of marvelous corals and fishes.

wise_woman
Member # 444
 - posted
oh roddy - how cheeky! but how ingenius!!

I agree the Mercura Coralia (used to be Etap) hotel is lovely.
It has rooms in main building with lifts and out in garden area.
I had side Nile View room all to myself and it was so spacious.

After venturing outside and trying restaurants I never went back to the hotel restaurant, overpriced in comparison.

I agree with Roddy - Ritz Restaurant is good, The Grand Restaurant (attentive and polite staff), these are down near Isis Hotel and Le Meridien Hotels, a good 30 mins walk away from the Mercure Coralia or jump in a taxi.
I prefer to spend my money in smaller local restaurants rather than ploughing it back into the large hotel chains. Can't remember name of the restaurant on TV street, where I had gorgeous vegetable mousake with melted cheese on top, basic surroundings but excelled freshly cooked food.

I love this area down by the Isis Hotel, esp. the Kings Head Pub and using the internet in the gorgeous surroundings of Le Meridien Hotel. Even their restaurants are reasonably priced.

I've never heard of Snobs - do tell!

I'd love to go back and stay at the Etap, my first Egyptian hotel, although I always have a look around it when I am in Luxor, in the same way I stroll around the gardens at rear of The Old Winter Palace and promise myself I'll stay there one day.

Wilsonkick - u made a good choice with the Mercure Coralia.

[This message has been edited by wise_woman (edited 18 March 2004).]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com