EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » trains and planes » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
roddy
Member # 3805
 - posted
hi,does anyone know about flights from cairo to luxor?i arrive on 29 march and know there are many flights but the price???as we own a place in luxor can we get the cheap flights like the locals do?they pay around 25english pounds and we have to pay something like 130.failing that does anyone know how good the trains are and is it easy to book on arrival in cairo for same day travel?many thanks..roddy

Kenzie
Member # 3519
 - posted
The Egyptian prices have changed recently. A return flight Cai/Lux/Cai is about 580LE if you book one or two days before. If you book a week before you will get it a bit cheaper. Instead of just the two classes before Ecom and C Class there are five classes. Depending on when you book. Egypt Air are tighter on their tickets now. You must have a resident visa for 5 years to take the local price or produce your work permission certificate. The tourist rate is still the same.

The trains are available all the time. Someone I know travelled on the sleeping train and said it was ok US$ 50. one way.

roddy
Member # 3805
 - posted
thanks kenzie for your help we know in egypt things change every day.cheers...roddy
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie:
The Egyptian prices have changed recently. A return flight Cai/Lux/Cai is about 580LE if you book one or two days before. If you book a week before you will get it a bit cheaper. Instead of just the two classes before Ecom and C Class there are five classes. Depending on when you book. Egypt Air are tighter on their tickets now. You must have a resident visa for 5 years to take the local price or produce your work permission certificate. The tourist rate is still the same.

The trains are available all the time. Someone I know travelled on the sleeping train and said it was ok US$ 50. one way.

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777
 - posted
hi roddy

u better take the sleeping train its quite nice and u better chose " nefertiti cabinet" its nice enough with breakfast and dinner too ...
they are everyday available

2 sleeping trains available

train number " 84" and train number " 86"
84 leaving cairo at 20.00 and arriving luxor 05.00 the next morning

86 departing cairo at 21.30 arriving luxor at 07.00 the next morning

prices are
Per person in a double cabin. $ 50.00
per person in a single cabin. $ 70.00
children up till 9 yrs of age $ 38

its a 2 way trip, allez retour

best of luck and ill check for u the flights

cheers

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777
 - posted
hi again roddy

look u may check the domestic fligh schedules on this
www.egyptair.com.eg/docs/Services/

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

Sweet Willie
Member # 3873
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
u better take the sleeping train its quite nice and u better chose " nefertiti cabinet" its nice enough with breakfast and dinner too ...
they are everyday available

2 sleeping trains available

train number " 84" and train number " 86"
84 leaving cairo at 20.00 and arriving luxor 05.00 the next morning

86 departing cairo at 21.30 arriving luxor at 07.00 the next morning

prices are
Per person in a double cabin. $ 50.00
per person in a single cabin. $ 70.00
children up till 9 yrs of age $ 38

its a 2 way trip, allez retour

Are there one way tickets sold for the sleeping trains? I'd be looking for Cairo-Luxor.

Do they call them sleeping trains because it is an overnight trip or do the cars actually have beds?

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Are there one way tickets sold for the sleeping trains? I'd be looking for Cairo-Luxor.

Do they call them sleeping trains because it is an overnight trip or do the cars actually have beds?

hi, yesh the cabinets have beds and sure there are one way tickets, shall ask for u and let u know this evening hopefully

be safe

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com