EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Internet-Connection in Egypt » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
bine
Member # 2199
 - posted
Hi all,
I would like to know if anybody have any experience in technical things concerning Internet in Egypt. I'm particualarly interested to know which internet providers are available and reliable and at what costs. I would probably need kind of a highspeed connection to send data of larger quantities in short time. Also i would like to know how the charging es being based in Egypt (monthly at a fix rate or by minutes / hours per use) Does anybody have experience with internet connection from Egypt to Europe ( i.e. Germany / Austria) or is anybody currently teleworking in Egypt for a european company? Any comments would be appreciated very much

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
do a search on the topic in the archives, as this question has come up a lot before.

regular dial up is free in egypt -- there are several free numbers you can dial from your regular land line and they're quite good.

for high speed, it will depend where you live and if they have that available in your area. one place to start is: http://www.link.net/default.htm

karinfarid
Member # 3352
 - posted
hi bine,

what do you mean with internet connections from Egypt to Europe?

if you find that telework job in Egypt for a european company, let me know, I'd be interested! list of ISP providers in Egypt - the longest link I've ever seen!
http://dir.yahoo.com/business_and_economy/business_to_business/communications_and_networking/internet_and_world_wide_web/network_service_providers/internet_service_providers__isps_ /by_region/countries/egypt/complete_list/

just do a search for ISP or broadband service in Egypt on yahoo, you'll find lots of companies, the prices vary extremely. I hope you are technically well-informed, because they use many names for the same services (to confuse people?)

At the office I'm using ADSL 256 KB connection and it is really not what they promised to be, I can download at max. 34 KB, and if you have a network each computer will suck data from the shared line so very often download is at 7 to 9 KB only, sometimes the line itself stops transfer of data for seconds - minutes - 30 min. If you complain to the ISP they say: they are doing upgrade work at the main tier line coming from France, or repair work at their own servers, you'll never get a satisfying reply or better service.

Before we had ISDN and the line now is not really better - except for the download itself on the 'good days'. At home I use a PIII with a good configuration with normal dial-up and I don't feel a real difference in the browsing between ADSL and dial-up.

If you say broadband in Austria/Germany that apparantly means something else, so welcome to Egypt!

salaam, Karin

Raymon
Member # 3727
 - posted
DSL is an excellent choice ... it will cost you about 30-40 Euro per month in total, but it is convenient way in Egypt.
You can pay per 3 months or per year ... as you wish.

There is also the cheaper ISDN, which is somewhat good.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com