EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » the mistery of piramids » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
Here I would like to know all about what concerne the mistery of the buildings of Pyramids.. why lots of foreign scientists are not let free to work on some archeological areas and to public some results... thanks to all!!!

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822
 - posted
They re not allowed to work there because the Egyptian authorities do not allow them to. I think it is mainly because they want to minimalise any risk of damage to these magnifigant structures. Wouldn't it be fantastic to climb the pyramid of Khufu though? I would love to do that..imagine the views...

blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
Yes, of course they are not allowed from the autorithies.. but the question was properly: why they are not allowed to work on there?
there is no reason related to the protection. I am an expert of ancield buildings. I spent 12 years of my life studying all the way to protect and study archeologycal and hystorical monuments and I can tell you with a 100% of sureness that the knowledge is the first way to start to protect a monument!!!

[This message has been edited by blau_frau (edited 17 March 2004).]

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by blau_frau:
Here I would like to know all about what concerne the mistery of the buildings of Pyramids.. why lots of foreign scientists are not let free to work on some archeological areas and to public some results... thanks to all!!!

Well
we dunno how many are not allowed to, but do u know how many are allowed to do it???? would the number stun u if u know???
the reason is that not anyone is allowed and just promising professional ones
cheers

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
i know that experts by interview complain the explicit stop to research in certain directions!!!

This is censura!!!

karinfarid
Member # 3352
 - posted
well, welcome to Egypt!

blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
You should combat against it!
After 11 march, the spenish Government made a sort of censura about theri infos regarding the terror attack...
Well, people 3 days after voted for the Opposition and did not confirm the PP to govern the State, who also some days before was the favourite. They punished a party which made censura towards the population...

quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
well, welcome to Egypt!

Undead
Member # 3380
 - posted
I don't understand the problem. Why should foreign archaeologists be given free reign in Egypt? Last time that happened we had a lot of our artifacts turning up in foreign museums without Egyptian authorization. Blau_frau as a German should be well aware of the conflict between Germany and Egypt regarding a very famous bust that belongs here in Egypt, not in Germany.
India and China are also very sensitive about who does what with their ancient sites and rightly so. Perhaps this is not a sentiment shared by those cultures with shorter histories.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com