EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » can somebody tell me why in Egypt tourism there is a so big lack of fantasy? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
can

[This message has been edited by blau_frau (edited 18 March 2004).]

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822
 - posted
Because the tourist companies know the treks they do and the excursions they organise are a guaranteed way of making money. There are always people who are happy with just the standard tour. Personally, I think there is nothing better than travelling on ones own and investigating and exploring for yourself

blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
I

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Well the big companies offer up what the majority of their clients want and what they want is the things they have read about.

If you go independent like us then we come up with all sorts of fun things with our guests but even so they often want the standard stuff and leave thenselves no time to go off the beaten track.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
thank

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
If you only want people to tell you what you want to hear why are you bothering to ask all these questions? Asking questions implies that you are open to hear what others have to say and people might be more willing to talk if you appeared prepared to listen and accept their views as valid.

[This message has been edited by newcomer (edited 18 March 2004).]

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
I totally disagree with you. all the local men I know work really hard when they have work. The problem in Luxor is that there is no other work than tourism. And there are only so many tourists.

We read all the time on these forums about young men trying to better themselves by using foreign women so there is a lot of drive out there. There is just no channel for it.

The origins of Egypts poverty are in its lack of natural resources not in its people.

quote:
Originally posted by blau_frau:
thank u akshar

but my topic wanted to point to the lazyness and fatalism of most of egyptians.. which is according to my opinion, the origin of Egypt poverty..

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

[This message has been edited by akshar (edited 18 March 2004).]

rula
Member # 3840
 - posted

i

[This message has been edited by rula (edited 18 March 2004).]

blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
The term lazyness was directed to the "change way of doing something"..

esposible
Member # 2955
 - posted
No, but you dont explain yourself too clearly so it makes it seem as if you are generalizing.

[This message has been edited by esposible (edited 18 March 2004).]

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
If you only want people to tell you what you want to hear why are you bothering to ask all these questions? Asking questions implies that you are open to hear what others have to say and people might be more willing to talk if you appeared prepared to listen and accept their views as valid.

[This message has been edited by newcomer
(edited 18 March 2004).]

Thank you newcomer, we have been trying to tell her the same at the other Forum
(living in Egypt)

She is just angry

Cheers

blau_frau
Member # 3699
 - posted
Your a nice person mooly

i am not angry at all...
Explain: my presence here and my provocations were a study research.. in part based on real experiences in part not..

just a research that will be sudied, elaborated and then maybe given to printing...
bye bye

donia

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822
 - posted
basically, tour groups run tours that they know will get as much money as possible and cost as least as possible. That is basically the sum of it.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com