EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Sim Card » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Sumayyah
Member # 5009
 - posted
Hi,

Just want to know how easy it is to pick up a pay-as-you go sim card in Cairo? I want to get one, basically as soon as I get there. Where should I get one from and how much should I expect to pay? What are the names of the phone shops that I should be looking for? Anything I should be careful of?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Sumayyah

scorpion
Member # 5004
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sumayyah:
Hi,

Just want to know how easy it is to pick up a pay-as-you go sim card in Cairo? I want to get one, basically as soon as I get there. Where should I get one from and how much should I expect to pay? What are the names of the phone shops that I should be looking for? Anything I should be careful of?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Sumayyah

Hi.
not to sure why u need a new sim card,if your phone is a new one it will call all over the world.

Sumayyah
Member # 5009
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by scorpion:
Hi.
not to sure why u need a new sim card,if your phone is a new one it will call all over the world.

Basically the sim card from my own country charges ridiculous prices once out of the uk. I need a sim card so I can make sensible priced calls/texts within Egypt. (i.e priced according to egyptian standards).

scorpion
Member # 5004
 - posted
quote:
Basically the sim card from my own country charges ridiculous prices once out of the uk. I need a sim card so I can make sensible priced calls/texts within Egypt. (i.e priced according to egyptian standards).

aha good thinking that man

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Well it is really easy here in Luxor so should be even easier in Cairo. Have a lovely time

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

bob the dog
Member # 4691
 - posted
Sumayyah, its very easy...go to any of the phone shops... pay as you go sim cards are about 250le to buy, and calls, I think, in Egypt are about 1.25le a minute. You can buy scratch cards for credit very easily.
You can get vodafone, click, or mobinil.... all around the same price.
Hope this helps, and good luck!

Sumayyah
Member # 5009
 - posted
Thanks Samia, I'll keep 250LE in mind, thats basically what I wanted to know, just a rough idea.

Btw - akshar, I had a browse of your website, the information on Baksheesh is great. That would have been my next question.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
quote:
Thanks Samia, I'll keep 250LE in mind, thats basically what I wanted to know, just a rough idea.

Btw - akshar, I had a browse of your website, the information on Baksheesh is great. That would have been my next question.

Shukran, glad to have helped

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Gogo
Member # 2987
 - posted
There is Holiday Sim from Vodafone. I think it's for 65 L.E or something like that. There is similar thing from Mobinil. You can get it fromay brach. Tell me where will you bein Cairo and I tel you the closest one.

bob the dog
Member # 4691
 - posted
The holiday card is ok if you are planning to stay a short time, the calls are expensive. Calls are cheaper on the 250le card.... so it depends how long you plan to stay.
Also, you can sell the 250le one on to someone else before you go.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com