EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Helnan Shepherd Hotel - Cairo » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
wills76
Member # 4427
 - posted
Any information would be most appriciated.

Adoula
Member # 2346
 - posted
A five-star hotel located in downtown Cairo, with a Nile view. First built in 1814, this historic hotel which hosted emperors, kings and queens, was rebuilt in its present location without compromising its classic style.

Caravan coffee shop Italian restaurant Asia House restaurant Omar El Khayam restaurant

Direct dial telephone Satellite channels -color TV Video - Radio Shaving outlet 220v

quote:
Originally posted by wills76:
Any information would be most appriciated.

primak
Member # 494
 - posted
No go.
The hotel is run down, service is bad, food is disgusting and there's a court case between Helnan and the owning company.
That is if you're expecting a luxury hotel.
If you're a budget traveller then, it's ok, don't expect much though but at leat it is very central and you could also get a very nice nile view.

wills76
Member # 4427
 - posted
Thanks for the information

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
Like Primak said...it isn't very good except for the views and you can do better at either the Nile Hilton or the Semiramis Intercontinental. Check out their prices and see if either of them can compete.

My favorite is the Marriott in Zamalek though for a nice location and decent hotel.

Bulldog
Member # 2721
 - posted
You got a nice Egyptian pair of entertainers in the Nepoleon bar that start around 11'o Clock. Last year for lunch I ordered Lamb cutlet and potatoes and greens from the menu, What I got was Lamb,carrots,greens and rice Shame about the potatoes they didn't have any even though the person next to me had chips on his plate. Al this care of the Helnan shepherd. The nile Hilton is much nicer.

timbuctoo
Member # 440
 - posted
Wasn't a lot of the English Patient supposed to be set in the Shephard?

Ragga
Member # 5478
 - posted
Hi wills, i was in the same step last spring trying to choose frome Helnan shepard or Piramiza hotel couse it was a similar net price i had for those 2 hotels, but i picked Piramiza it is in Dokki and not far frome the central very easy to take taxi frome there and very cheep, they have a small swimming pool!!! and the service there was exelent and all the staff very friendly and helpful.

Adrian
Member # 5242
 - posted
The wife and I stayed at the Piramiza back in 1998. We had a lovely peppered steak one evening by the pool.

We have also stayed at the Sheraton Cairo, which was also nice but was not too keen on the breakfast.

Where ever you decide please make sure you ask for a room on a high floor, the views are fantastic.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com