EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Bringing a laptop? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
rahma
Member # 7680
 - posted
I'm going to Egypt in June (yaay), and while I've been several times, this is the first time I'm bringing my laptop. I vaguely remember something about having to fill out declaration forms when arriving. Is there a fee to bring computers into the country? Is there something I have to fill out as an affidavit that I'm not going to sell it, just have it for my own personal use?

Also, I'm planning on bringing several dvds with me to watch on the laptop. Do I have to declare those as well and prove that I'm not planning on selling them?

Thanks.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
I don't think you need bother, most people that I know that travel with laptops don't. It is so common these days it is not really an issue anymore

Kerry
Member # 6310
 - posted
Hi
normal is there NO PROBLEM they ask me what is in the bag and i said: my notebook! i bring mine with me all the time and they said nothing, but once they made trouble cuz they thought i wanna sell it than i told them that they can write it in my passport so when i flew back they checked if the notebook is really with me again so even if they talk toooo much say that u want to register it in ur pass. thats all but enjoy ur time in egypt with ur dvds

hugs

rahma
Member # 7680
 - posted
Thanks for the quick responses. My in laws have been wanting to see some american movies for awhile, and I'm sure they're going to flip when I bring my laptop and the dvds.

Penny
Member # 1925
 - posted
Just to say likewise to the above, I travel in and out Egypt a lot with my lap top, I did try and register it once but they didn't want to know.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com