EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Train to Cairo » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Spireite
Member # 7406
 - posted
I will be in Luxor in a few days time and would like to go to Cairo for the day.
Any advice would be welcomed.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
i remember i took the train once from aswan to cairo, it was about 12 hours. its a sleeping train, with a bed and all.

Shareen
Member # 989
 - posted
Your tour company will offer day trips to Cairo. It takes about an hour to fly from Luxor to Cairo, they meet you in Cairo and provide a full day sightseeing. Its the only way to do it if you want to just go for the day. You can do it yourself, and use taxis when you arrive in Cairo, but the flight alone will cost you about £150 each.
Alternatively you can take the overnight train, either First Class with reclining seats, or you can take the sleeper train. You leave Luxor around 9pm, arriving in Cairo around 6am. That will give you a good full day in Cairo, and you could return on the following night. Its around 9 hours plus on the train. It all depends on how much time you want to spend seeing Cairo.

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
I vote for the train if cost is an issue for you.

The sleeper train will be $53 one way. That includes dinner and breakfast and a bed.

The other train is about $15 one way. It includes the reclining seat (like a first class airline seat in width and comfort) but no meals.

If you want to spend a night or two there are numerous hotels to choose from in all price ranges. Just post your preferences and we can help with that.

If you want some site-seeing help while in Cairo, take a minute to check out www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

Thanks

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com