EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Places to visit from Luxor base » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mydream
Member # 4638
 - posted
Hi every one
We are coming to Luxor again - and have visited all the usual Temples and trips normally seen on the package tours.
However this time we will be there for 4 weeks independently and would like to see a few more places
We will be going by train to Aswan/Cairo again - are there any other places we can visit by train/bus/taxi
Ideas gratefully appreciated

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Abydos, I believe you can get there by train, the security people will hate you for it and make it difficult but it can be done.

Tel El Armana/Beni Hassan, involves an overnight stop in Minya but well worth the trip. If I was doing it again I would stay 2 nights in minya as it was such a peaceful town. That is by road.

Western Desert, loads to see ther, I travelled back from my Tel Armana visit via the desert, fantastic.

mydream
Member # 4638
 - posted
Thanks Akshar for your help - really miss your blog these days

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
If you miss my blog you might be interested in this one I am doing for Tour Egypt http://touregypt.net/TEBlog/luxornews/ It is not a personal one but it is about Luxor

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946
 - posted
Although it's a bit "touristy" I enjoyed Edfu. Maybe you've been there already but it's also where Horus's temple is. I'm jealous! My favorite part of Egypt is upper Egypt, Luxor-Aswan.

Gibraltar
Member # 7492
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Abydos, I believe you can get there by train, the security people will hate you for it and make it difficult but it can be done.

Tel El Armana/Beni Hassan, involves an overnight stop in Minya but well worth the trip. If I was doing it again I would stay 2 nights in minya as it was such a peaceful town. That is by road.

Western Desert, loads to see ther, I travelled back from my Tel Armana visit via the desert, fantastic.

In the way to Abydos, don't miss to visit Dandara. I n Abydos, beside Siti 1st you can visit Ramses templre, The cemetry of archic period, shunet ezbeib, kom esultan and the cemetries of old middle new kingdoms. Good luck

mydream
Member # 4638
 - posted
We had a very brief visit to Dandara - talked in to sharing a taxi with an English lady staying at the hotel - almost as brief as the tour guide visits! So could do that again. It's so nice to be relaxed/wander at these places.
I enjoy the journey thru' the country side
Thanks again to every body for ideas

Automatik
Member # 4457
 - posted
If you want information about Luxor then the best place to find it is in the Luxor dedicated website.
http://www.Luxor4u.com

mydream
Member # 4638
 - posted
Thanks Luxorlover - hope you are well.
We missed meeting up last time as you were visiting the uk

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by mydream:
We had a very brief visit to Dandara - talked in to sharing a taxi with an English lady staying at the hotel - almost as brief as the tour guide visits! So could do that again. It's so nice to be relaxed/wander at these places.
I enjoy the journey thru' the country side
Thanks again to every body for ideas

If you wanted to go to Dendera seperately there is also the one day cruise that the Novotel run that goes there. So you get a little cruise thrown in as well

mydream
Member # 4638
 - posted
Oh you treasure Akshar!
What a great idea - thanks yet again - are there any other little cruises (done the usuall Nile cruise)

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
No sorry that is the only one i know but I beleive it is really nice, had some guests do it and they loved it.

PS we got them quite a good price for it so give us a chance to quote you

i have heard that it is not as hard as you may think to get special permission ot go somewhere. You have to apply to the police but it can be done. That tends to be more going south rather than north becaus Middle Egypt is more volitile. I should be arranging El Kab for some guests in March.

Also desert trips i just recent got hold of the details of 12 diff desert trips, camping out under the stars stuff. Send me an email and I will send it to you. hot springs, Bedouins, camels the lot

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com