EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Alex I m coming....Or I shouldnt.. ? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
lagoudero
Member # 8711
 - posted
I am coming to Alexandria ( from Greece) next week for 1-5 years.Thanks to this forum I have had all the information I need about costs of living , dress code, habits even the Egyptian bridegrooms!!!! Unfortunately I have deep concerns about the way of life and how my kids ( 14-11 ) will adjust to a completely new world for them.I would like to hear if someone faced this problem and how he/she managed to solve it.Your experience could be valuable to me . I am an adjustable person and I think I will like Egypt
Thanks

RaniaMe
Member # 7590
 - posted
Lagoudero, is your husband Egyptian?

lagoudero
Member # 8711
 - posted
no she is Greek to

Medhat
Member # 6648
 - posted
Don't worry. Just come as yourself and don't change a thing.
There are many similarities between the Greek and the Egyptian cultures, even the food.
You will also encounter large number of Greeks in Alexandria.
Best of luck, and welcome to Egypt.

egyptourguide
Member # 5233
 - posted
Alexandria had been choicest since about 3 years ago as most beautiful city in all Arab countries
when great Alexander built it he wanted to built city more beautiful than Rome during this time
some Italian tourists i guided them in Alex where telling me that some places looks like south of Italy
here some Italian schools,Greek clubs i do not think that you will feel boring may not every thing is excellent or may you do not going to like every thing but at same time you will like many things
and do not be worry about children this is their chance to learn about other cultures
my advice for you that modest in clothes so important you will live in Muslim country most women will be in veil just showing their faces so covering hands and wide pantaloons would do the work
i am Alexandrian till bone all my life here and if you like to have Egyptian female friend i welcome be your friend just e mail me http://soha.egypt.tripod.com

[This message has been edited by egyptourguide (edited 23 August 2005).]

lagoudero
Member # 8711
 - posted
It would be pleasure to have an Egyptian friend.These dress codes are for males to?( I am male in case you didnt understand)

egyptourguide
Member # 5233
 - posted
yes actually i thought that you are female
at all you have all my respect and also the help i can offering to you i am sure you can have many male Egyptian friends easy(insha allah)

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com