EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Internship? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Merima
Member # 9658
 - posted
Hello everybody!

I have been following your threads for a couple of weeks, so most of you seem so familiar to me [Smile] . I was in Cairo and Alex in April/May; reading your posts make me feel closer to these wonderful cities. And what is even more important, i gained an interesting insight into the Egyptian society and the prevailing attitudes by reading your comments. Thanks a lot for that, guys!
Since I´d like to spend some time in Egypt, I´m thinking about applying for an internship in an Egyptian or an international company / organization settled in Egypt. Can you tell me anything about internship in Egypt? Is it common practice? Are there many companies offering internship? Is it possible for foreigners to apply? Can you think of any company I can address my application to. So far, I´m going to apply at the Goethe-Institut and some other German institutes? Do you have any further suggestions (not necessarily a German company/organization)

I nearly forgot: I´m studying Political Science and Sociology at a German university. I´m speaking German, Bosnian and English.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best regards, Merima

Ann
Member # 106
 - posted
Try this link: http://www.caps.aucegypt.edu/

The German embassy in Cairo could probably provide you an address list of German companies in Egypt. Try Bayer & Henkel, they both have a large set-up in Cairo.

Some of the larger international market research agencies might be interested in your background & I know that they regularly recruit interns. Try ACNielsen (www.acnielsen.com) & TNS (www.tns-global.com)

Good luck
Ann

hkhodier
Member # 705
 - posted
what the meaning of internship

Merima
Member # 9658
 - posted
Ann: Thanks a lot for your response. I will check both, Bayer as well as Henkel ;-)

hkhodier: When you do an internship, you undergo a supervised practical trainig in a company or an organisation. The good thing about an internship is that you gain some work-experience; you see what this particular field of work is like in reality. This way, it´s easier to estimate whether this very job is something you could be content with. And of course, you get to know people who might help you to get this job or who may acquaint you with other important people. But the best thing about internship is that you are there to learn. So when you happen to make a mistake or be in a tricky situation, you learn a lesson for the future (without facing consequences like being fired, etc.)

So long!

hkhodier
Member # 705
 - posted
thanks very much for this information
ana iam happy to reponse any questoin in legal carere in egypt i work in judge in civil cases

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com