EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Alexandrians » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
jax
Member # 12026
 - posted
Hello everyone, I've visited Cairo, Luxor & Aswan and loved every minute of it, the people are so friendly & welcoming and we loved the food so we're planning to go for the 4th time, & just wondered if it's worth trying Alex for a change, but it's not featured in most of the holiday brochures so I suppose there must be a good reason for that. Can anyone tell me about it please?

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
Alex is a holidayresort for Egyptians themselves and for people from other arab countries. You have some private beaches near hotels where one could have a more western lifestyle but overall it is less western touristoriented. Alex is a nice place to stay though with all sorts of sites, sport, fun, arabic courses, fairs, malls, museums, the famous Alex library. Great transportation. You should surf on the net on Alexandria Egypt and you will find what you want.
Strolls or horserides along the corniche at sundown are very attractive and the people are nice. Several good hotels and nice beaches along the Mediterranean sea like mamoura beach. Familybeaches can be nice too but are more conservative and crowded with familys. You can stroll through the city and recognize the French, the Italian, the Greek neighbourhoods, all sorts of buildingstyles and interesting places. Tearooms in french style and churches, an old fort, sealife you name it.

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
I forgot, the temperature in summers is so much more agreeable then Cairo or especially Upperegypt. The Palestinian is recommended as the best price/quality hotel and I had it recommended by Egyptian friends. You can reach Alex at the airport there but it is cheaper to travel to Cairo and take the bus from the airport. You have comfortable airconditioned luxurybusses for a low price taking you in a beautifull sightseeing through the neighbourhoods of Cairo including Gize, the desertroad to several stations in Alexandria. You can also take the train from Cairo the Alex. Done that sometimes and it is nice too, though less comfortable.
Stay away from Agami or some of the other far away resorts. The city is best known from staying at some hotel near the corniche. And they call everything Alex although it will take you hours drive to the city.

jax
Member # 12026
 - posted
Thanks Demiana, thats really useful info.

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
You're welcome Jax

Guest Of Life
Member # 11462
 - posted
a nice site about Alexandria
check the visitor guide
http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/alexandria/

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
Maps:
http://www.alexandriaegypt.com/city/map-2.htm

http://www.alexandriaegypt.com/city/map.htm

So you can imagine where your hotel will be, where you can come in from El Borg airport or from the desert highway by bus. The central station is there and you can see how the roads are conveniently parralel to the corniche, one of em with the tram.

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
I found a good map at Raml station at the kiosk, one that is probably sold at the nearby Egyptian Library to. This map also gives you the names of the neighbourhoods like Ibrahameyya, Stanley (with the Stanleybridge, Macdonald, Pizzahut) and others.

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
Lots of busses frequent al Hoerreyastreet and the corniche, you can reach almost every far away beach by bus. In the centre you can go wherever you want and take the tram or a horsecarriage back to your place.

Missed out on my Alexandrian holiday this year!:-)
maybe next year.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com