EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Flight from Luxor to Cairo » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
Well I managed to b** up flights to Cairo - left it so long to book my leave from work that only the expensive seats are left.

I can get a cheapish charter to Luxor but does anyone know if its possible to buy a flight from Luxor to Cairo directly from Luxor Airport when I arrive or will I need to go 'into town' to do it (and hence stay over night).

(Don't want to try to buy in advance from the UK in case of delays).

Thanks.

belly_wigggla
Member # 9626
 - posted
You don't have to stay overnight in Luxor in order to buy your tickets from the EgyptAir office on the corniche - it's only a 20 min ride from the airport!

My advice would be to ask at the airport when you arrive if you can purchase tickets (I would've thought it should be possible). But, if not, then hop in a taxi to the EgyptAir office - there are several flights to Cairo per day so you shouldn't have any difficulty finding availability.

Good luck!!

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Contact American Express Travel Services luxor@amexfranchise.com and they can arrange everything for you, no need to go into Luxor at all.

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
Well I managed to b** up flights to Cairo - left it so long to book my leave from work that only the expensive seats are left.

I can get a cheapish charter to Luxor but does anyone know if its possible to buy a flight from Luxor to Cairo directly from Luxor Airport when I arrive or will I need to go 'into town' to do it (and hence stay over night).

(Don't want to try to buy in advance from the UK in case of delays).

Thanks.

Is Cairo your intended destination? By the time you add two return internal flights, won't that work out more expensive than a direct Egypt Air flight to Cairo? Egypt Air don't have a Sales office at Luxor airport (unless they have recently added one). They do have an office there and a further sales office in Luxor. They also have several UK offices and the London one, which sells tickets at standard prices. In addition to Akshar's suggestion, you could try discount airlines like Trailfinders, Travelsccope, etc, for a direct Cairo flight (I appreciate your concern over delays, re an internal flight.) I have usually found Cairo flights to be easy to get, even at the last minute. Hope it works out for you.

oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
Thanks everyone, I'll remember the advice for next time - sometimes you can get (very!) last minute flights to Luxor from the UK for £45 so well worth doing it that way if you can go last minute.
Meanwhile, I've managed to get a 'city break' direct to Cairo including direct British Airways flight and 5* hotel for 8 nights for £520, so I'm quite pleased with that.

(www.bargainholidays.com if anyone's interested!)

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com