EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » What did you learn on/from ES???? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
What did you learn inhere that you didnt know when you entered?????

Actually I had never heard about the gigolos (made me unnesecery nervous for just 1 second)

I learned a lot about religion and familytraditions and life in Egypt in general.

Also learned not to post to many personal details because there are some really evil sick people out there that have nothing to do with their own miserable lifes.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
me the tibe,
learnt the same kind of things as you and also learnt, dont give to much away, and dont tell all youre secrets, i wont be doing that again.

To many people just like to bring others down and make them feel bad in there choices

MY NAME IS NO MORE .....,
Member # 11270
 - posted
i agree totaly TIBE of last sentance i hope u not think me like that ,ive never used the persons personal details here i get private mails from ES members saying this and this and its never revealed even the person is living in my city they want to reveal then they shud do so ,some stuff i have nd its ot been nice for me i even had a threat that my daughter shud kick the bucket cus it wud save the state some money this i find shocking but guess what shes bck in here ,...yorkshire rose you do get to know who is safein here byy judging there threads mostly ok ,so no worrys from me love im got more imprtans stuff to worry about than throwing sumones details around even my enemy here ,but it hasnt stopped them talking about me on another forum and stealing my threads has well and using them amasing and they called me thick and they steal my threads says alot for the undertaker doenst it ..

Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
Yes thats defendtly the negative part about it but I also learned a lot of good and usefull stuff. I have gotten a lot of good friends who have giving me insight in the country and I really learned a lot.

People like Lazeez, Newcomer, Dalia, jessie, Tootie, mark2006 is really worth listen to. Also a lot of girlfriends who also are inlove or married to a wonderfull egyptian man or have been. Like Tigerlily, micky azzam, Imagine, Garfield, Dawnbee, chimps, Nourhan, Smuckers.
People like them makes it really worth being inhere.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Hi all, I exactly learned the same things especially not to give out personal details and I got hard attacked especially because of my husband's profession.

Numerous times Sonomod aka...... (I can't list all her usernames because she got banned so many times from ES and still doesn't have the dignity and always comes crawling back just to get kicked off again from this forum, guess some people never learn...... [Roll Eyes] ) gave my husband bad names like 'baby killer', 'war criminal' and she called me even a "wh***". What brings strangers to say so nasty and mean things like this to you?

But you know what? You learn from it, you develop a 'hard shell' and look I am still on here. And indeed ES has many interesting members (new ones popping in all the time so it never gets boring), valuable topics and it would be a shame if some strange individuals have the power to bring this forum down.

I see ES as a family somehow. You have people on here for ages you are familiar with, you have members you get along and you don't get along with but 'malesh' - that's life. [Smile]

Member # 11270
 - posted
AWWWWWWW thankyou sweetheart your a doll ,,

Member # 11270
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by MY NAME IS NO MORE .....,:
AWWWWWWW thankyou sweetheart your a doll ,,

(by the way im CHIMPS i refuse to use my name now cus someone here used it in a dirty little atack on sumone i was hacked 5weeks ago ,,ok ok ok they violated my name [Confused]

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
hi guys
Iam an open book,well,most of the time,but i never let anyone take the piss,i beleive if you are open with some then he/she should reciprocate if not the STUFF THEM!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Just Call Me A Lackey
Member # 10626
 - posted
lol! I just learned I am a barely- English-speaking man. [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

Member # 11270
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Just Call Me A Lackey:
lol! I just learned I am a barely- English-speaking man. [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

OK OK OK OK YOU DONT HAVE TO RUB IT IN PEOPLE DO MAKE MISTAKES EXSPECIALLY CHIMPANZIES...

Just Call Me A Lackey
Member # 10626
 - posted
lol!! I am teasing you, Chimps. No offense taken nor none given. LOL!! *haha* I can't wait for my fiance to see that one- he is going to laugh so hard.... [Wink] [Big Grin]

Member # 11270
 - posted
you said teased uuuuuuuuuuuhm say no more this is not the time and thread for this kind of chitchat ,shove over to the other thread ,TIBE likes this clean ,..... ..

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
Chimps - what a horribe thing to say about your daughter. They should be ashamed.
virtual hugs coming down from Yorkshire to Peterborough xxxx

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
I have learnt some useful nuggets of information, stored away for future reference.

Some people on here are little treasures, some have made me laugh out loud!

I have also learnt that there are some judgemental folks out there - I try not to be myself, but I know that sometimes I have been (not necessarily on here but in general) and this is one of my flaws. But some on here can be downright rude. I personally don't have the time nor inclination to play games with anyone. I'd love a few extra hours in the day but I'd use them productively.

Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
and one person appears particularly shallow!!

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
but who am I judge?!?!?

micky azzam
Member # 11209
 - posted
thanks tibe. i have learned alot to . other peoples experiences with this visa stuff and the religion of my husbands, and great people like you guys. i have even met some of you .what a thrill that was.and to see how people think and feel . and some of you who are just down right nasty and who needs to get a life and quit critizing others. we all have our own opinions and should have resecept for others too. this is a great forum and i am happy i found thanksto you all for all your help [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
well i think i have also learnt a bit about Egypt and the culture(s), but also that there are some unpleasant people only too happy to take a shot at you if you are too open. All in all, i return here (too) often [Big Grin] as I still think there are some people worth interaction with and there are always newbies needing some advice or consolation. Some posts make me laugh out loud some make me shake my head in dispair though! [Big Grin]

Batman , discovering lies
Member # 11915
 - posted
I learnt that lots of people live in a more miserable state than me. I though i'm the most miserable case but i know that all people r suffering.

doodlebut
Member # 11649
 - posted
I learned that:

*Cairo is a safe place to visit so don't be scared.
*Don't have an operation performed in Cairo.
*If you tend to snort when you laugh, don't laugh because it's considered offensive.
*Don't plan on anyone being on time to anything.
*If you find a good Egyptian man, keep him 'cause he'll be the best thing to you since sliced bread.
*Getting married in Cairo is going to be the most unromantic event of my life so don't have high expectations until after it's over [Wink]

I know I've learned more but that's all I have off the top of my head. [Smile]

garfield
Member # 10258
 - posted
Thank you Tibe....true friends are hard to find weather in real life or on internet....respect in general is the key in life and learning from others to I hope better myself or to help others..I do not post much...but read daily and learn from others and am here for help if needed.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
I have learnt that while other peoples experiences are valid only i know my husband. they don't so to ignore their judgement.

that polygamy winds people up and they are very judgemental of it without experiencing it

some people you meet on the Internet can turn out to be your very best friends and others your worst enemy

people prefer to ask questions instead of looking for the answer, they also prefer information of a forum instead of going to the official sites

that like there are all varieties of Christian there are all varieties of Muslim

that you can help people you don't know

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
I've learned that every rose has a thorn. Thankfully there are many roses in ES that have befriended me and I feel I have made some lifelong friends, and I couldn't be luckier for those roses of you in here that keep the place smelling so nice [Smile]

micky azzam
Member # 11209
 - posted
you are one of the roses too smuckers

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
All lovely people here so far. Tibe you are so right about personal stuff. One thing i developed here which is not in my nature was lowering myself to their level. It was not nice and not me. Sometimes the pain was hard to bear. I and I know you all at one time launched an attck in retaliation. I dont now. I discovered they are fools with as you say no life. Best ignored. I learnt lots of useful information. I also developed quite a large network of friends all wanting visa advice for the UK. many are personal friends who only came once to ask a question and were so disgusted by the responses they never came back............very sad.
Lovely folk here like Tigerlily, Smuckers, Tibe , Samakwish, Banana Face!, dear ol Charm who is no more, Micky, Say what you see, Akshar,Mark 2006, Axxo, Garfield,Doodlebut, Mysticheart, Ayisha, Dawnbev,and many many more.

The aggressors know who they are, they know they failed, we just need to keep on ignoring them.

Charm el Feikh if you are reading this e mail me and please come back..............
x
[Wink]

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Hi Tooti, how is life with you? Is it the first Ramadan you witness in Egypt? Girl, I miss Charm too here but you know where to find her, don't you? [Wink]

BTW, who is ES member 'Banana Face!'? I don't have any clue......

Chinderella angel TORMENTOR
Member # 11953
 - posted
Actually I had that same question Tibe just asked on my mind & I wanted to start a thread about it.

I also learned that I cant share my secrets here even if i am hiding behind my PC using an annonymous username. Some vicious sick members here keep records of what you post & use it against you later on.

I cant always express my opinions freely as i used to because now I know that somebody I dont even know will pop out of the blue to attack me ..............or will misinterpret or twist my posts around in such a way that will make it give another meaning I never intended.

You get judged for whatever you say even if you were joking...... as if the person judging you knew you for years or can see your face [Roll Eyes]

I feel sorry for new comers who come here looking for support & advice sharing their most intimate sensitive issues to only find some rude members attacking them & giving them hard time [Roll Eyes]

ES is exctly like the harsh cruel world out there..... you meet here all sorts of people you would never really meet in real life.

The positive thing here though is that people tend to show their true colours..... they are more frank & they dont act or pretend like in the real life.....

I mean that people in the real life dont show you how they always feel or what they think of you..... but online they do.... & that's the positive thing you get when you're online.... you dig deeper into other people's psyches.

Something I had a hard time figuring out in real life because people wear masks all the time but here they dont need to.

On a final note, I also learned that we agree to disagree..... People dont necessarily ahve to agree with you to be right..... sometimes I can get really opionated about certain issues as well as other members but in the end one cant force his opinion or change others.............sometimes we can be naive to think that we can change what other thinks & that doesnt happen..... & it shouldnt happen
I do enjoy the debates... but I'd like to see people more respectful of other's beliefs & views especially religion.

Oops, forgot to mention that occasional cat fights can be fun as long as we manage to move on but some members dont know when to stop & that's when they should expect the same being done to them

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552
 - posted
This forum is a great way to learn about different cultures. Even as a newbie , I have learnt that we are more alike in what we want from life, than I had even previously thought.

I have learnt about aspects of Egyptian life, from Egyptian women and those now living there, that would not be disclosed by my Egyptian friends.

I have learnt that too many people of faith have little respect for or knowledge of people who don't believe in religion. I have learnt that I have respect for a believers right to believe and happily defend that...yet it is often not reciprocated. Astonishingly, some of these views have been expressed by those who otherwise seem quite reasonable and measured!

My distaste has grown for the fundamentalist Christians and Muslims, who seem more interested in bashing each other over the head with respective holy books than listening or learning. I have learnt more about why the extremists think in the way they do.

It's good to know that people can be generous in adversity as well as those who are kind and welcoming (you know who you are!)

Member # 11270
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
All lovely people here so far. Tibe you are so right about personal stuff. One thing i developed here which is not in my nature was lowering myself to their level. It was not nice and not me. Sometimes the pain was hard to bear. I and I know you all at one time launched an attck in retaliation. I dont now. I discovered they are fools with as you say no life. Best ignored. I learnt lots of useful information. I also developed quite a large network of friends all wanting visa advice for the UK. many are personal friends who only came once to ask a question and were so disgusted by the responses they never came back............very sad.
Lovely folk here like Tigerlily, Smuckers, Tibe , Samakwish, Banana Face!, dear ol Charm who is no more, Micky, Say what you see, Akshar,Mark 2006, Axxo, Garfield,Doodlebut, Mysticheart, Ayisha, Dawnbev,and many many more.

The aggressors know who they are, they know they failed, we just need to keep on ignoring them.

Charm el Feikh if you are reading this e mail me and please come back..............
x
[Wink]

was i one of your agressors ibe very sad if i was cause i cant think how and charm is in her hell on earth forum cause i read alot of posts now and them...then your there arnt you as well . [Wink] ..nice to see your alive and well ..long time..

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Chimps you are not one of the aggressors. YOU are BANANA FACE!! plonker........
Tiger I am great. Met another lovely girl from ES yesterday all the way from a place near Inverness. Had a great day out. Brought me some plant food!!!! for my luscious garden! It is looking more beautiful everyday and smells so beautiful. Cannot believe she managed to get it through airport security!! yikes! fertilizer and a packet of cornflakes to make a bomb eh ? is that right? lol SWYS x
Tiger yes I know........x
[Wink]

Cinderella "Oops, forgot to mention that occasional cat fights can be fun as long as we manage to move on but some members dont know when to stop & that's when they should expect the same being done to them "

The thread has remained insult free and clean, so far.......I know exactly what you mean..............seems nice people have responded to Tibes thread and that is a good thing. Long may it continue....... [Wink]

Member # 11270
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
Chimps you are not one of the aggressors. YOU are BANANA FACE!! plonker........
Tiger I am great. Met another lovely girl from ES yesterday all the way from a place near Inverness. Had a great day out. Brought me some plant food!!!! for my luscious garden! It is looking more beautiful everyday and smells so beautiful. Cannot believe she managed to get it through airport security!! yikes! fertilizer and a packet of cornflakes to make a bomb eh ? is that right? lol SWYS x
Tiger yes I know........x
[Wink]

Cinderella "Oops, forgot to mention that occasional cat fights can be fun as long as we manage to move on but some members dont know when to stop & that's when they should expect the same being done to them "

The thread has remained insult free and clean, so far.......I know exactly what you mean..............seems nice people have responded to Tibes thread and that is a good thing. Long may it continue....... [Wink]

i like the name thanx i might use it now cause i refuse to use it on the handle cause i was hacked and chimps is name was twarted and abused like it ''BANANA FACE yippppeee [Big Grin] thats why me is nown as ''my name no more ''' [Frown]

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
yeah bring back your ol banana avatar too [Big Grin]

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748
 - posted
I learned that it is really never a good idea to throw your shoes at your husband in public. :0

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668
 - posted
I have really learned a lot about Egypt and its people here, even if from foreigners living in Egypt or sharing interests... Despite so many catfights on ES (gotta love them! [Big Grin] ) it is still invaluable place where we can ask any question or share any experience. I have met a few good friends here that I am in touch with on more private ground. I really appreciate all the help we give each other here despite occasional grawls and snarls, ES grew into me more than I expected... [Smile]

foreignluvr
Member # 5854
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
I learned that it is really never a good idea to throw your shoes at your husband in public. :0

LOL
I agree with everything already said. I think I have learned a lot about other people having been a member here for 2 years. Although I don't have a lot of time to post as often as I would like I do enjoy checking in when I can.
Maybe a lot of people do act different on a public forum since many people here don't personally know anyone else here. But I think I usually say or react in the same way I would in my real life. It's not my place to judge anyone else. That should be left up to God/Allah.

And Chimps, I have no idea who may have said that about your child but I am truely sorry that anyone would EVER say such a thing.
Thanks for a great topic Tibe. [Smile]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
I have also learnt that there are wonderfull people out there and they are so helpfull and kind, and that there is always someone out to bring you down and make you feel sad,
thanks es,
really glad to be a part of this forum
xx

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com