EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » excel airways - again » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
to those that have travelled with excel airways - I know you are on here somewhere - !

I have my ticket for my next trip to Egypt with Excel Airways, but its just a A4 sheet of paper, not like the usual tickets. Is this normal? Is this accepted at airport check-ins (I'd hate to be sent back!)

THANKS

soozi
Member # 11108
 - posted
I've never experienced a paper ticket with Excel, but I have with other airlines, and it seems to be the way they are going.

They work in exactly the same way as a conventional ticket, just check in as normal. If you are not 100% sure, can't you give the call centre a bell for reassurance?

Hope you have a great trip!

Semsema
Member # 5415
 - posted
Yes it will be accepted, just make sure you have copies!

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
thanks guys, that was quick!

soozi
Member # 11108
 - posted
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Nothing better to do at work!!!!

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
me too! suffering from a lack of motivation.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
never travelled with excel but have many times only had an e-ticket or a piece of paper with a booking ref on it [Big Grin] dont worry dawn, you will get there and have a great time [Big Grin]

Egyptian Princess
Member # 11797
 - posted
This is normal, as I travelled with Excel airways a few months ago. They dont give you the normal tickets, you will receive them on arrival to the airport

Luxorlover
Member # 4457
 - posted
I am travelling with Excel on Monday and my ticket is just a simple sheet of A4 paper with blue printing on it. I have travelled with Excel before and it is their standard ticket. I booked late but still got the ticket through the post so there was no Thomson rip off of having to pay £10 to collect it from the airport.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
I am travelling with Excel on Monday and my ticket is just a simple sheet of A4 paper with blue printing on it. I have travelled with Excel before and it is their standard ticket. I booked late but still got the ticket through the post so there was no Thomson rip off of having to pay £10 to collect it from the airport.

its gone up!! it was £12 last time I did a late booking [Mad]

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
I've never heard of Excel. Where do they fly out of?

Luxorlover
Member # 4457
 - posted
Excel fly out of Gatwick.

Ayisha - that it a terrible rip off. How can they justify £12 just for letting you get your own tickets. They should give you a refund for not being efficient enough to send them to you with less than three weeks notice.

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
and I'm flying out of Manchester with them - for the first time with this airline - its a lot cheaper than Thomson and Thomas Cook, wish I'd found out about them before. A week in Egypt from the UK works out cheaper than a weekend in London for me - how weird is that

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
Excel fly out of Gatwick.

Ayisha - that it a terrible rip off. How can they justify £12 just for letting you get your own tickets. They should give you a refund for not being efficient enough to send them to you with less than three weeks notice.

My thoughts too. Also the meals have gone up to £12, im sure they used to be £10, not that I bother as you can usually guarantee its got pork in it [Big Grin]

Gatwick is a nightmare for me to get to but its nice to know they go from Manchester too. is the leg room any better than the Thomson sardine cans? [Confused]

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
and I'm flying out of Manchester with them - for the first time with this airline - its a lot cheaper than Thomson and Thomas Cook, wish I'd found out about them before. A week in Egypt from the UK works out cheaper than a weekend in London for me - how weird is that

dawn, a month in Egypt would probably work out cheaper than a weekend in London [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
You're probably right there! The train fare alone to London almost requires a mortgage.

Anyway ............ my son and I are also off to Luxor in February 2007, and the weather will be better.

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
Give me egypt anytime! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
Yes, that is our preference as well.

We only go to the London if there are specific things we want to see, such as exhibitions at the Science Museum, and the Natural History Museum, or a football match (groan!) and I like the V&A Museum. My son loves geology but spends far too much buying rocks and minerals in the gift shops.

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
London??It cost £60 petrol to drive from black pool to london,return!i could go to malta for that much!! [Confused] [Mad]

Luxorlover
Member # 4457
 - posted
Ayisha - did they allow you a bum bag for your papers etc or was it strictly the one bag and absolutely nothing else.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
Ayisha - did they allow you a bum bag for your papers etc or was it strictly the one bag and absolutely nothing else.

soz LL just seen this. They allow strictly one bag so i got a largish bag and crammed what i could in it [Big Grin] after security you can buy what you like though, but its one bag only before that AND they weigh it now, but this is Brum not Gatwick so might be different.

have a safe one [Big Grin]

ChinderallaAngelTormentor CAT
Member # 11953
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
to those that have travelled with excel airways - I know you are on here somewhere - !

I have my ticket for my next trip to Egypt with Excel Airways, but its just a A4 sheet of paper, not like the usual tickets. Is this normal? Is this accepted at airport check-ins (I'd hate to be sent back!)

THANKS

wow this sounds like a microsoft office voyage experience [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Luxorlover
Member # 4457
 - posted
I flew to Luxor with Excel yesterday. The flight was on time, a meal was served at no extra cost along with a cup of tea/coffee. My big bag weighed almost 25 kgs but there was no baggage charge, they did not weight my hand luggage and I was allowed my bum bag as an extra. I thought I had died and gone to heaven as this was a charter flight.

Well done Excel.

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
Do you know what the size limitations are on your hand-luggage?

thanks

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
sounds like its just Thomson thats the stingy ones then [Frown]

spacedust
Member # 12116
 - posted
I have to say after flying from UK with all available airlines to various places in Egypt I have found BA come out tops.
Charter flights are always poor as you pay very little for the flight.
The business class with KLM is a joke too.
Shame Singapore Airlines don't go to Egypt..they are amazing.

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
just lost my airtickets!

I went to photocopy them (as suggested on here!) and on my way back I picked up the post for the block where I work. As I put the post in the In-box in the foyer, I left the envelope with the tickets in as well.

Just had to go knocking on all the doors of the offices here and find my envelope and tickets!!!

phew, ....................

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com