EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Money Exchange » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
moonpearlgirl
Member # 12129
 - posted
Hello Everybody,

Well, it looks like I am going to Egypt afterall. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] !!! What and where is the best way/place to exchange american dollars for egyptian pounds?????

micky azzam
Member # 11209
 - posted
weel if you fly into heathrow airport first i exchanges my money there because they spoke english but i would take much with me they have atm machines there that took my card and you can withdraw it out if the machine

sheba76
Member # 12165
 - posted
BANKS!..........you get the best exchange rates there. They are everywhere, and someone usually speaks English. I've never had a problem finding one or someone who speaks English.

sheba76
Member # 12165
 - posted
I would watch out for ATM's, credit cards, etc. They often charge extra fee's. I thought I was smart and used my Western Union Mastercard. I was aware of fees, but I didn't know how many. I lost a lot of money that way. I think even a credit/debit card charges at least 3-4% exchange rate. More often than not some kind of transaction fee/s too.

From my experience, I have found that just exchanging it in a bank when I arrived was by far the easiest and cheapest. Hope this helps.

Left.Side.Lying.State.Of.Mind
Member # 6244
 - posted
Banks
Hotels
and I personally had no problem using my ATM card while there. My fees in Egypt were less than if I used a *foreign* ATM here in the U.S. It might depend on your company.

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Moon pearl girl!!! dont use banks atm's or hotels!!! please!!
Wait till you get to egypt and there are loads of currency exchanges on the high streets. They will give you much better rates than any bank!!!
Hotels are the lowest then banks!! If you are anywhere near Mohandseen half way up the main street just before Gad and opposite the United Bank there is a little exchange who beats any rate that day.
Never change up currency in banks! you will lose out, especially Bank Misr, Banque du Caire, and United............ [Smile]

ael_husseiny
Member # 10201
 - posted
well i agree as a banker with tootofrooti

best way is to get ur usd with u here and exchange it at foreign currency companies down town

Teaperson
Member # 12257
 - posted
Actually, the quickest, easiest, and almost also the cheapest way is to exchange cash in the airport when you arrive in Egypt. I do it everytime I go there and have not regretted it. The black market has been virtually eliminated, and you won't get better rates in the high street. Avoid changing at your hotel - they will rip you off.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com