EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » egyptian arabic phrasebook » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
I got this book from amazon.com and have been studying it. Well the other night I was joking around and said to my Egyptian friend, "mumkin tinazzil it taman?".

He had no clue what I said. Not even when I wrote it down. It's supposed to mean, per this book, "can you lower the price?".

What the heck. I paid and waited for this book, have been studying it all for nothing???? Are there better books around that egytpians will actually understand when I say stuff from it??? I'm sooo mad now. [Mad]

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
dont stress doodle!! I have many Arabic teaching books and ANYTHING I try to say to my husband he hasnt got a clue either [Big Grin] I think they dont take account of our accents and probably our slight errors, like when he said to me happy anniversity i knew he meant anniversary [Big Grin]

spacedust
Member # 12116
 - posted
Meyya Meyya by Osama A.Hegazi is new and is a great start. It also comes with a CD for the pronounciation.

myheartwillgoon
Member # 12224
 - posted
My Mom bought me an Egyptian Arabic tape from Pimselur Language off the internet. It had 8 cd for beginning Egyptian arabic and they understand you so good and its so easy. It teaches you how to say the words exactly and basic phrases.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
also depends on where you are in Egypt. My Luxor husband has difficulty even understanding a Cairo accent!!! certain words are pronounced differntly in different places, some use a hard 'g' some a soft 'g' which is more of a 'j' sound. I think the phrasebooks and cassettes will use Cairo dialects as its the capital and the most populated.

Dalia*
Member # 10593
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by spacedust:
Meyya Meyya by Osama A.Hegazi is new and is a great start. It also comes with a CD for the pronounciation.

That's a very good one for beginners, he focusses on the important basics and his explanations are quite good. The only disadvantage in my opinion is that he uses transcriptions instead of Arabic.

satanmademedoit
Member # 11766
 - posted
It is actually very good.

He used to teach at The Oasis Language School and uses many of their principles.

I have just finished an extremely intensive course there and find am easily understood even with my Scottish accent.

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
It is actually very good.

He used to teach at The Oasis Language School and uses many of their principles.

I have just finished an extremely intensive course there and find am easily understood even with my Scottish accent.

Hi satanmademedoit!

Do you have any details about the course you did or do they have a website?

sheba76
Member # 12165
 - posted
I took a class from www.arabacademy.com

They are so good. You can even get college credit for it.

They have MSA Egyptian Colloquial Quran Speaking.

Check it out I loved it.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by sheba76:
I took a class from www.arabacademy.com

They are so good. You can even get college credit for it.

They have MSA Egyptian Colloquial Quran Speaking.

Check it out I loved it.

agree!!

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
So basically I should toss this book I got right? lol

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
nah dont toss it, keep it for reference coz one day you might meet an Egyptian with that dialect that will understand [Big Grin]

memodesign
Member # 12308
 - posted
There is lots of books online even ..
you can search in google about Egyptian Books .
and dont be mad please . [Smile]

http://www.m3loma4u.com

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com