EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Are we having our legs pulled?! » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
deborah
Member # 2372
 - posted
Hi all,

My brother-in-law and his wife have just returned from their holiday in Luxor, we are due to go in a few weeks and they told us that a shot of whisky/vodka/gin etc in the hotels is now £7.50! around LE75 is that right or are they telling us porkys?! thanks

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552
 - posted
Hello Deborah,

Imported spirits, wine and champagne are very expensive in Egypt. £7.50 is a little on the high side, around £5 is more normal. It depends on the rating of the hotel, the spirit and if a mixer is included but £7.50 is a possible price, yes.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Buy a bottle at the airport, buy another on the plane and another 3 at duty free when you land in Egypt. That should keep you going.

Friend of mine paid 55LE for a glass on wine in the Meridian (about £5) and you can buy a bottle for 35LE

soozi
Member # 11108
 - posted
We paid about £4 for shots earlier on this year, and were horrified!!! [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

satanmademedoit
Member # 11766
 - posted
that is nothing..we just paid £25 per G and T in London!!!..so Cairo and Red Sea Resorts are okay!!

soozi
Member # 11108
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
that is nothing..we just paid £25 per G and T in London!!!..so Cairo and Red Sea Resorts are okay!!

Where were you? Somewhere nice I take it??!!

satanmademedoit
Member # 11766
 - posted
Yeah, The Sanderson,London.

It is out of this world

http://www.sandersonlondon.com/

Great people watch place..unfortunately Robbie Williams was no where to be seen!!.. [Frown]

One G and T was enough..lol

soozi
Member # 11108
 - posted
Wow, looks amazing! Now I understand the G&T price!! I hope it tasted great! [Razz]

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
£25 for a G&T!!!!! I hope it was a good one!
£25??!!

kimbaha
Member # 12368
 - posted
Have a great hol in Lux xxxxx

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Buy a bottle at the airport, buy another on the plane and another 3 at duty free when you land in Egypt. That should keep you going.

Friend of mine paid 55LE for a glass on wine in the Meridian (about £5) and you can buy a bottle for 35LE

Exactly that's the best advice..... You can buy your bottles from the airport or from Drinkies..... they have branches now alover Egypt .... if you call them on their Delivery number 19330 & check whether they have a branch in Luxor that'd be very convinient [Wink]

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/boozer.htm

scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find info on Drinkies

ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817
 - posted
Hi everyone,

I recently read a posting on the forum, not sure of where it was, about an american who married an egyptian, and went to live in Egypt. She said something about her husband leaving her in Egypt to come back to the states to work.. When she wanted to leave and went to the American Embassy, they told her they could not help her, because they go by the Muslim Rules.. Alot people wrote to say they thought this lady was lying...

I told my husband about this.. He is also Egyptian and he said that is not true.. The American Embassy would never say that... He wants to read the posting, but I don't remember where I saw it...

Can anyone tell me where it was listed?

I would really appreciate you help..

Thanks.

mysticheart
Member # 6838
 - posted
I dont know of the listing but its my understanding as long as she has her passport he cant keep her from leaving. He can prevent her from taking any child of theirs from egypt but not herself

imagine
Member # 11591
 - posted
hmm personally i have it in my marriage contract that me and the children between me and my husband can at anytime travel in and out of egypt without permission from my husband. Have it on a seperat document aswell. I dont see how she could be denied travelling to America is she has american passport or is an american citizen. Makes no sence that the embassy would not help her.

pablowablo
Member # 9129
 - posted
yea drink prices are a rip off
i just get all my booze from the airport and drink it at home
75le for a drink is just insane no matter who u are

pablowablo
Member # 9129
 - posted
and no were not having or legs pulled
were having our legs spread!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!