EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Xmas in Cairo... » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
spacedust
Member # 12116
 - posted
..have been invited to our friends for Xmas in Cairo.
Is this a very low key affair?
Do folk still put up trees and have lunch?
Any good,non-smoking hotels that do Xmas Lunch?
Info appreciated from anyone who has experienced Xmas in Cairo as an expat..cheers

annie_81
Member # 4149
 - posted
To my knowledge, they dont put up Christmas trees in Egypt... Unless your friends are foreigners and you can picture a palm tree with decorations, a Christmas tree...

Non-smoking hotel in Egypt?? Wrong Country!! Hell, you'll be very lucky to find a non-smoking room!!! Smoking is permitted or at least tolerated pretty much everywhere in Egypt.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953
 - posted
Christmass Bazaars in Cairo

[Wink] [Smile]

BANANA FACE., rolling the weed ...
Member # 11270
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by annie_81:
To my knowledge, they dont put up Christmas trees in Egypt... Unless your friends are foreigners and you can picture a palm tree with decorations, a Christmas tree...

Non-smoking hotel in Egypt?? Wrong Country!! Hell, you'll be very lucky to find a non-smoking room!!! Smoking is permitted or at least tolerated pretty much everywhere in Egypt.

thats a load of c rap i was in egypt iat xmas and the egyptians non christians were getting into the celabrations with out a relgius feel some of there friends are christians and i thought it was lovely and selling father xmas faces and even xmas trees ,and even on ramadam the christians in my husband home town even cook and have them eat in there house as they break there fast they put lanterns up out side the house i think its wonderful ,..we havem multifaith in our city and its wkd ,im muslim and i shall and i dont care what any one ays but my xmas tree goes up every year even better than last years ,i love it but i dont do it on a rlegious ground but i respect and love it ,if u dont like it then dont answer me ....

sunburnt
Member # 4986
 - posted
IT'S HORRIBLE

Yes there are christmas trees and you can even buy cards but there is no atmosphere no hype no snow the best chrismas present and expat can get is a ticket out of here for christmas

BANANA FACE., high on banana syrup
Member # 11270
 - posted
no snow here babes ..well not at the moment but i cant wait if it does come ..its loooooooooooooovely ...kids playing making snow men well if here is enough ofit ..playing on trampoline in the snow ,,heheh its gooooooooood...im throw snowballs when me out ,but the dodge the ones being thrown at yah [Eek!]

spacedust
Member # 12116
 - posted
lol..cheers for all the info,I see there is much confliction.

I will pass on the dates of the Bazaars to my chum as she will need something to occupy the in-laws.

Cheers

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com