EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Perfect Gift » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mysticheart
Member # 6838
 - posted
What would be the perfect gift to get for an Coptic Egyptian Mother? I want to bring her something very nice that will help me to win her affection. I know that my personality will be the main thing but i want to give her something as well, something to show her that i care about her and respect her.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Dear MH, how are you? I know you have been through some rough times lately but you see - there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am very happy for you.

I think an answer to your question is more complicated than to tell you what to purchase for his mother.

Does she know you, your age, that you are divorced and the mother of three children? Did she ever hear about you at all? For what kind of things is she looking for in her future-daughter-in-law? Do you know?

And also you should be aware of that most of the time Coptic Christian marry inside the circle; but of course there are exeption. Religion is for them the same important as it is for the Muslims.

I don't remember if you were just interested in reading the Koran or even converted and if so - what you are going to do? Said that I believe you both will not be able to marry in a church even if you are Christian by faith because you were once married before (did you marry the first time in a church?). But that might not be the important thing for him and his family anyway.

I am also wondering why you don't ask what to bring for his father? Is he maybe deceased?

Well in my case, the mother of my ex was widowed and somehow it made a lot of things easier with the relationship to him. I can only repeatedly say that his mother was the sweetest woman on earth, always good to me I surely can't complain.

And believe me the thought of a present is way more important than if it's actually the perfect gift. Also I agree with you here, the communication and compatibility between the both of you is very relevant. Hopefully she is not biased.

Good luck with meeting her. That's a very important step for your future with the man of your dreams. When will you visit Egypt again?

And how is it going healthwise for your ex-husband? Any news? Did he start the treatment? Remember the link I've sent you about a new procedure? You can pm me if you want. Take care. [Smile]

Left.Side.Lying.State.Of.Mind
Member # 6244
 - posted
Hi, Mystic,

The first time I went to Cairo and met the in-laws, I wasn't married yet. I brought a selection of fancy teas and chocolates for my MIL. The second time, at the suggestion of some Egyptian friends, I gave her a really nice tablecloth. The next gift will be (ornate) silver picture frames with pictures of her grandchildren in them, although I don't know when that will be!

mysticheart
Member # 6838
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Dear MH, how are you? I know you have been through some rough times lately but you see - there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am very happy for you.

I think an answer to your question is more complicated than to tell you what to purchase for his mother.

Does she know you, your age, that you are divorced and the mother of three children? Did she ever hear about you at all? For what kind of things is she looking for in her future-daughter-in-law? Do you know?

And also you should be aware of that most of the time Coptic Christian marry inside the circle; but of course there are exeption. Religion is for them the same important as it is for the Muslims.

I don't remember if you were just interested in reading the Koran or even converted and if so - what you are going to do? Said that I believe you both will not be able to marry in a church even if you are Christian by faith because you were once married before (did you marry the first time in a church?). But that might not be the important thing for him and his family anyway.

I am also wondering why you don't ask what to bring for his father? Is he maybe deceased?

Well in my case, the mother of my ex was widowed and somehow it made a lot of things easier with the relationship to him. I can only repeatedly say that his mother was the sweetest woman on earth, always good to me I surely can't complain.

And believe me the thought of a present is way more important than if it's actually the perfect gift. Also I agree with you here, the communication and compatibility between the both of you is very relevant. Hopefully she is not biased.

Good luck with meeting her. That's a very important step for your future with the man of your dreams. When will you visit Egypt again?

And how is it going healthwise for your ex-husband? Any news? Did he start the treatment? Remember the link I've sent you about a new procedure? You can pm me if you want. Take care. [Smile]

Hi Tigerlily,
She knows about me, my age, the fact i am divorced with 3 children, that i have been there to see her son 3 times now, that he loves me.She has known about me for a few years. She is looking for someone to make him happy and give him a child or more than one possibly. She prefers that woman live in egypt, that is the whole catch in this thing. She doesnt want him leaving egypt. I know we will not be able to marry in a church there in egypt due to my previous marriage, it would be done only at the ministry which is the only legal way anyway, the religious ceremony i will suggest be done here in the states. I still read the koran and he knows this but i didnt officially convert.
His father passed away 2 and half years ago in May.
I am trying to come back in March to meet with her if my ex husbands health holds.
He has not started treatment and keeps canceling his doctors appointments.

mysticheart
Member # 6838
 - posted
I was wondering if this small prayer box would be appropriate or not or if this might be something she would like? http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-45857.jsp?_/_prod/_120/_/_24/_1062/_/_Y&endeca=true&abbr=tk

I will also be bringing gifts for his sister in law, his younger brother and sister, his nephew and 2 nieces, and possibly his older brother but his mothers gift is most important to me.

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
What my coptic mother in law loved to get from me.
Dutch souvenirs, china, a wallplate with a painting of (female) farmers making cheese (she herselve loves the countrylife in Egypt). A black silk scarve, my mother sewed, when she became a widow.
The religious souvenirs I brought her, gathered from friends that went to Rome, Jerusalem or France. Like a wooden cross of olive wood from the holy grave church in Jerusalem, a catholic calender with pictures, shiny saints (especially Maria 'Maryam, ye Hadre'), in boxes and stuff.
Neutral cremes, waterbased, since she is somewhat allergic. Little candles that burn against mosquitos. Perfumes from the bodyshop. A small purse with needles and an 'eye' to fix the thread in the needle. She sewes a lot of small reparations on her clothing.
And she liked the Eiffel Tower souvenir from France.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com