EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Freakin out :( » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
I'm so sick to my stomach right now. I have a panic disorder to begin with so even small things sometimes set me off.

I do freak when I think of taking this plane ride from Boston to Cairo, not because I'm afraid of Cairo but because I"m afraid of being on a plane.

Well my mother blasts me on a daily basis for going on this trip. She's called me every name in the book and today she did it again.

This doesn't help to assuade my fears. She's convinved I'm going to die and has called me selfish more times than I can even imagine. I"m in tears right now because I should be very excited about this trip and instead I'm so very very sad about the fact that my family has totally abandoned me over this. It really has cut me deep inside and I'm sick over it.

Anyway no need to respond...just really needed to vent. [Frown]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
Babe
just go and have fun, its youre life, you live it the way you want, Dont cry anymore, i had the same with myu nother, if i went they would abandon me, i know it hurts but you have to think about youre self,

you will be fine flying, just have a coupkle ofdrinks, and enjoy yourself, take some nice music to listen to and just look a movie,

please just go, youre parents will come round, and if not then its there loss
its no problem to get things off youre chest, you will feel better for it

pL EASE HAVE FUN AND LET US ALL KNOW HOW YOU GET ALONG, were all here for you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
I'm so sick to my stomach right now. I have a panic disorder to begin with so even small things sometimes set me off.

I do freak when I think of taking this plane ride from Boston to Cairo, not because I'm afraid of Cairo but because I"m afraid of being on a plane.

Well my mother blasts me on a daily basis for going on this trip. She's called me every name in the book and today she did it again.

This doesn't help to assuade my fears. She's convinved I'm going to die and has called me selfish more times than I can even imagine. I"m in tears right now because I should be very excited about this trip and instead I'm so very very sad about the fact that my family has totally abandoned me over this. It really has cut me deep inside and I'm sick over it.

Sounds like it's your mother who is freaking out and you're having a reaction of stress to her.

I also hate to fly and took a flight from Dallas to Frankfurt and then from Frankfurt to Cairo, it was really not as bad as I expected. I had a good conversation with a woman I met sitting next to me in the plane and ended up having a nice time....try not to worry dear, look at it as an adventure. If your family can't support you then so be it, you have to support yourself. Trust me, things will work out for the best [Wink]
Check in when you arrive to say hi to all of us! I'm sure you'll miss Beantown! [Wink]

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
I probably won't have cyber access while I'm there but I will most definitely check in when I get back. T minus 13 days till I leave. [Smile]

Yes you bet your bippy I'll miss Beantown if I find a 4 inch flying roach!!! lol

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
lol naw....not possible, hey I miss different kinds of beans, bring us some!! [Smile]

mysticheart
Member # 6838
 - posted
haha everything will be fine dear. And you can find internet just about anywhere, just ask for a cyber cafe and they dont cost much. Good luck in your trip though you wont need it at all.

lombardo47
Member # 12428
 - posted
doodlebug-
Dont be afraid of planes ,nothing will happen to you ,no body knows when he will die ,only god knows ,everyday around hundered of planes travel and nothing happen at all .You can be at your house and die ,so dont think about dying in the planes .And by the way planes are safe than cars .Just think when you come here and how you will enjoy egypt and visit the pyramids.....etc
Dont think alot [Smile]

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
lol naw....not possible, hey I miss different kinds of beans, bring us some!! [Smile]

I don't even eat baked beans. lol. My kids love the poem though:

"beans beans good for your heart...." lol

polina
Member # 12234
 - posted
Be strong Doodlebug!PPl here r with u...Ju7st think abt having fun....all nice things wich will happen to u!Just think abt b/ll things.....
I'm waiting a good news....

micky azzam
Member # 11209
 - posted
doodlebug, i fly out from phila every 7 months it feels like. 3 times so far and i will be going back in feb. dont need to worry it a great trip. i usually fly into germany or london or paris, it is a great trip . have a couple of drinks and take a nap.you will be there before you know it, after they feed you a snack and a drink then its time for dinner then another drink. it is a fun time.wish i was going there now id go with you. but i have to wait till feb for our 1 year anniversary. have a great time and dont worry about a thing youll be fine

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
Thanks guys. [Smile]

BANANA FACE :(snoop banana ...
Member # 11270
 - posted
hey doody its me banana chimps just suck on my banana and it will be a freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ride all the way babes ..wf me there u wish you flew alone .. [Wink]

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
hahahahaha!!! I wish I had a banana with me!!! hahahaha

?????
Member # 12336
 - posted
Wish you a nice trip, and hope you will find what you expect, or hope to find.
In fact you`re taking much more risks by crossing the streets in Cairo then traveling by an aeroplane....
Good luck and take care.

Tream Lefty
Member # 6244
 - posted
quote:

You need to go read that thread, *define manipulative* over on Living in Egypt. [Wink]

My family isn't that bad, but I still have to set boundaries with them. Refuse to even discuss it with them. Not their business anyway. You can be polite in your refusal, but most of all, be firm.

cbrbddd
Member # 3891
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Wish you a nice trip, and hope you will find what you expect, or hope to find.
In fact you`re taking much more risks by crossing the streets in Cairo then traveling by an aeroplane....
Good luck and take care.

Isn't that the truth!!! After 4 trips, I finally am getting quite comfortable crossing the street by myself . . . I just sort of tag along with someone else if the traffic looks heavy . . . stay up wind of them, so to speak . . so the car would be on their side and not on mine.

But for someone coming from Texas (like me, hehe), we are so used to having that big hunk of metal surrounding us . . . crossing the street on foot is not a "normal" activity down here.

Doodle, you will be fine . . . maybe you should go get some muscle-relaxers or sleeping pills before you go . . . alcohol might do the trick, but it dehydrates you and that might make you feel worse . . . I know it depends on the person, but if you get dehydrated and start drinking more water, then you are jumping up all the time to go to the toilet. Better to relax and sleep if you can!

foreignluvr
Member # 5854
 - posted
quote:

Hi Doodlebug, I know you didn't ask for any response and was just venting but try to relax. Girl, you are going to Egypt!!!! You are going to see your boyfriend!!! Be happy...
As for your family there is not a lot you can do about that. It is your life. You are an adult and I am sure you provide for and take care of yourself. Hopefully, they will come around but if not it won't be the end of the world. All you can do is try to keep your family a part of your life but if they refuse that then you have done all you can. So live your life the way you see fit. It is your life, afterall.
As for traveling, you could have a few drinks on the plane to help you relax or if you feel your panic attacks are really getting serious you could perhaps see your doctor and maybe he could give you a little something to help you relax. I am not advocating taking pills but sometimes they may be warranted.
Anyway, just go to Egypt and have a wonderful time and let us all know how everything is going.
[Smile] [Smile]

FairyDust
Member # 7138
 - posted
My philosophy is that everyone will die when it is there time NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE. Besides you are more likely to die in a car accident or crossing the street in Egypt then the plane ride over. Do you really want to live to be 80 and be sitting in your rocking chair wishing you had gone to Egypt??? Get some pills from the doctor and then if the plane goes down, you will be too relaxed to care.

martha
Member # 10281
 - posted
Hi Doodle,

I went thru the same with my friends and family. Since so many people experience it must be a normal reation.

I had my friends telling me he wouldn't let me come home and make me scrub floors there the rest of my life.

HA! HA! It's so funny now considering his personality.

Oh by the way, the taxi from the airport will be much scarier than the plane ride over. LOL

And never try to navigate the streets on foot alone, it would be total suicide.

And here's my favorite quote, "Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't." by Eleanor Roosevelt.

That's the way I felt when I went. I have never regretted my decision.

But be forewarned, you may fall in love with Egypt, if you have as good a time as I did. And if things work out with your man, you will experience intense homesickness and withdrawal that for me has lasted for months.

I envy you going so soon, it will be at least 3 more months for me. Have a wonderful time. It will be the experience of a lifetime no matter what happens. It will be worth it!

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
thanks!!! You guys are the best!!! I feel a little bit better today. I'm going to focus on not calling them so that I don't get dragged down anymore. It's just hard with Christmas time. Easier to ignore them the rest of the year, ya know? Anyway thanks so much!!

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
Hi girl

how are you , im glad to see you are feeling better today, You know you just got think about youreself, and put the image in youre head of the wonderful time you have ahaed of you, You are so lucky to have the opertunity to go there, by the way i flew over the atlantic to Domanicanse Republic with no problems at all, just go on the plane and think only of youre love and the waiting open arms he has there for you, and all the lovin youre gonna get, listen to youre favourite music, i recomend sade or chris De burgh, or il divo, all my best, or make up all youre fav numbers on a cd, and yes get some herbal relaxers

Please get in touch soon so we can hear , we all cant wait

loads of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com