EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Second Wife (Question) » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Lukoshko
Member # 3626
 - posted
Does anybody know?

Is it possible for an egyption man married to an egyption woman (NOT Orfi, but normal marriage)to mary another woman (also NOT Orfi) without telling his first wife about that, and without asking her permission.

jaguar
Member # 3378
 - posted
He has to take her written permission... If he doesn't take this permission, and the 1st or even the 2nd finds out, court will divorce HER (1st or 2nd wife).

Lukoshko
Member # 3626
 - posted
thanks

and the man? he willn't be panished?

jaguar
Member # 3378
 - posted
Yes... as he presumably presented official false information...

Lukoshko
Member # 3626
 - posted
and during the ceremony isn't a man being asked if he is already married? isn't it writen at his passport or somewhere else that he is married? and if so, the permission of his wife?

is it possible to mary the second wife in a way I described at the first post? Or it is not possible?

jaguar
Member # 3378
 - posted

Yes.. they ask, that's why I said (giving official false information....) Egyptian Passport only identifies name and date of birth.

Lukoshko
Member # 3626
 - posted
thanks, jaguar

lotusflower
Member # 4661
 - posted
Is it not the case that every Egyptian man carries an identity card with his government identity number (similar to a tax number) on same, also his photo and if married the name of his wife.

jaguar
Member # 3378
 - posted
International passports NO... new Egyptian IDs don't mention wife's name (not sure as I don't have a new ID yet)

[This message has been edited by jaguar (edited 07 August 2004).]

sonomod
Member # 3864
 - posted
And no matter what, there is always a way around 'officially' notifying the wife. Bribes are common. I don't think courts actually take the time or notice to prosecute the husband.

My husbands brother stood in line for 2 days in Cairo to prove officially that he is indeed unmarried before our marriage. No one seemed to know within the bureacracy how to actually 'prove' it. Luckily we have a few cousins who work in the Foreign Service office that took care of it within an hour.

For local marriages it must be next to impossible.

Lukoshko
Member # 3626
 - posted
Yes,sonomod, that's what I wanted to know. If there are not official ways to do this. Because if the first egiption wife lives with children not in Egypt, but in another country, and her egyption husband wants to marry in Egypt second time. She will probably don't have a chance to find this out. Only if somebody tells her about that.

jaguar
Member # 3378
 - posted
With the new Egyptian ID card, if the Ma2zoon reads that the bridegroom is married, he (the Ma2zoon) will not complete the ceremony unless the BGroom presents the signed and sealed approval of the 1st wife.

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
but jag I hear some Maazoons will pass it...is that true?

quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
With the new Egyptian ID card, if the Ma2zoon reads that the bridegroom is married, he (the Ma2zoon) will not complete the ceremony unless the BGroom presents the signed and sealed approval of the 1st wife.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com