EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How should I dress in Egypt?? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
hannah_dad
Member # 8433
 - posted

HI, I'm a spanish girl who's going to work for a year with an internship in Cairo. I don't know a lot of your culture and I'm wondering what kind of rules do I have to follow when I arrive: can I wear short sleeves or t-shirts? how about the length on my skirts?
I'm used to live with muslims in Spain but I'm not very sure they are going to be so tolerant in Egypt...
Thanks

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356
 - posted
In the street, cover yourself as much as possible. Mainly to survive those assholes, scumbags, trash of the earth that have nothing to do but bug women, and they lie on every corner like amoeba.

What I do is wear a long wide shirt on my clothes until I reach my destination. Then I take it off.

poppy
Member # 3491
 - posted
yeah those pervy ones are a damn nuisance!!! I just wear really conservative clothes which are mostly around 3 to 6 sizes too big for me. That way i can keep cool, hide everything from view, figurewise. And look like a sack of potatoes!!! lol

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
Welcome to Egypt.

Just use your head and just remember to be conservative. No bare shoulders, no bare breasts or cleavage, no bare tummies or thighs, and you'll be fine. You can dress nicely without going nuts. Remember to look for clothes that are mostly natural fibers, and remember that winters are chilly. You will want clothes for all seasons. Warm sweaters, turtlenecks and leather jackets are used here in winter.

You will figure it out by watching your neighbors, co-workers and friends.
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com