EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » BOYCOTT THE MOVIE FLIGHTPLAN » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
AceSpade
Member # 3954
 - posted
I have seen the movie Flightplan by Jodi foster ...
though i liked her unique performance in the movie , i was shocked by how far the movie attacks the Arabs!

i don't want to go on details, but for the Arabs who sow the movie , i am sure that they felt the same insult as i did..
In this movie, Arab palne passengers are aggressively accused by a panicked mother for being kidnappers and hijackers ..
and her point of view was unquestionably supported by the other plane passengers !

even if the end of the movie was a twist , that doesn't mean that the idea of having arabs within the aircraft was essential for the movie makers for the plot .. and i am sure they didn't worry about how many arabs would watch this movie, they just didn't give a damn, that's why i felt guilty for spending EGP 20 on this movie ,and i am asking you too , if you believe in human rights , if you believe that a person's race is not a proof of ANYTHING ,if you believe in humanity
please don't pay money on this movie , we have to send a message to the movie makers.

Melati
Member # 9610
 - posted
Most of those block busters should be avoided anyhow. And they are too loud in the cinemas.

pablowablo
Member # 9129
 - posted
maybe they just wanted to show how some people can get all stereotypical about certain things like that movie the siege with bruce willis
now that gave a big slap to arabs but i still think it was a great movie one of my favs

Serendipity
Member # 7211
 - posted
well its no shock.. back in the cold war they used the "bad boys" were russian.

and before when the cinemas it was the germans.
(I am sure you have seen charlie chaplin or some banned old looney tunes and disney cartoons)

It will come a time they will get tired of it, and try to find the next new "exotic" enemy to entertain ppl with.

and I never did like jodie foster.. too much dramaqueen for me.

MisplacedinAlex
Member # 4811
 - posted
In the movie, close to the scene you are mentioning, there were also an actor who said at least 3 importnat lines in defence of these men.. and the ending did show the main character and this Arabic man share a moment where it was an apology..so you did not mention these two important scenes. I also think that the point to was she was in a tragic state thinking her daughter was abducted because she knew the design of the plane. If the two scenes I mentioned were not in this movie than it would be definite racism but because of these I did not feel this to be true.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com