EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Puppy information » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
MissSalsa
Member # 10273
 - posted
Hi everyone!

I will be living in Cairo this year and i'm searching for someone/somewhere i can buy a TOY BREED puppy.
Either; Bolognese (which is rare i know) or Maltese or King Charles spaniel breeds.

So far, all my research has failed! I've checked out www.petsmarche.com.

But i'm looking for anywhere else?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks guys

-Salsa x

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759
 - posted
Welcome to the board MissSalsa!

Here they are... some of the links...

http://www.breedersonline.co.uk/findapuppy.asp?breedsel=Bolognese

http://www.annasheavenlymaltese.com/maltese_birth_announcements.html

http://www.terrificpets.com/dogs_for_sale/cavalier_king_charles_spaniel_for_sale.asp

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818
 - posted
But these are not in egypt Sadeegy and i guess she is looking for someone who has this breed here in cairo [Smile]

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759
 - posted
Ooops...sorry! [Roll Eyes]

I didn't find dogs breeders in Cairo, but maybe you could ask at some pets owners clubs.
Due to the fact that you share a similar interest, maybe they will be able to provide you the information you need. Good luck! [Smile]

"Pampered Paws" - 560 Main Street, Cairo
"The Equine Edge" - 305 Mountain Avenue, Cairo

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
Hi Miss S.... there are a lot of small white fluffy dogs in Hurghada known as 'Lulu dogs' .. maybe ask a vet or pet shop if they know of any Lulu dogs!!

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818
 - posted
Samia isnt it that Griffon type?? that one is so arrogant..
Btw Sadeegy i have a Bolognese puppy but even when i go to vet here in cairo the doctor has no idea what kind of a dog it is..this breed is not common here at all unless someone brought it from europe like me.I wanted a yorkishire terrier but that breed is also not known here.

MissSalsa
Member # 10273
 - posted
Hi everyone!

Thanks alot for your suggestions!

Will check them out!

x

MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari
Member # 8356
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
that one is so arrogant..

ROFL

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
Samia isnt it that Griffon type?? that one is so arrogant..
Btw Sadeegy i have a Bolognese puppy but even when i go to vet here in cairo the doctor has no idea what kind of a dog it is..this breed is not common here at all unless someone brought it from europe like me.I wanted a yorkishire terrier but that breed is also not known here.

Hi viva my friend...... long time no see!!! [Smile] Not sure... maybe a griffon... just a small white fluffy ball..... we found one in the street in Hurghada 2 years back..... dirty skinny, covered in fleas..and wandering the streets.... she was really cute.... sorted her out and gave her to a woman who took her to Germany!!

Jesus Cesar
Member # 9153
 - posted
For the puppies, i think you can get cheap ones really easily. Or even sometimes free, egypt is full of bastards that want masters.

And why want higher quality dogs when the most important thing is to have company?

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but I agree with your sentiment!!! Egyptian baladi dogs are highly intelligent and make excellent pets!!! And there are too many puppies on the street!!!

Corvinous
Member # 6578
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but I agree with your sentiment!!! Egyptian baladi dogs are highly intelligent and make excellent pets!!! And there are too many puppies on the street!!!

CUTE [Smile]

MissSalsa
Member # 10273
 - posted
Sure! I'm not saying "egyptian dogs" are not good enough lol But the point is the size of the dog, i'm looking for a very small one that would be perfect for apartment life/travelling.

Plus you have to take into account that not all homeless older dogs are suitable to live with a family because of psychological/behavioural problems.

And the fact that i have alot of love for those breeds i mentioned.

But i accept that point! And its definitely something to look into.

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
Miss S.... I would never suggest taking an adult dog from the streets... it would never work... but these dogs often have 6-8 puppies, and only maybe 1 or 2 survive!!!

MissSalsa
Member # 10273
 - posted
It's really sad that they are not respected at all in society.

Do you do any work with animals Samia?

kimbo57
Member # 9486
 - posted
Why not have one sent over from england???

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by MissSalsa:
It's really sad that they are not respected at all in society.

Do you do any work with animals Samia?

Diving with them!!! [Big Grin] One of my last dives before I came home recently was a dive with a pod of 22 dolphins..... awesome!!!
The last work I did with animals was last year, I spent my birthday helping our local Hurghada vet, Sameh, to abort 8 puppies and sterilise a street dog, who was less then 2 years old and on her 3rd litter..... she was very weak and in danger of dying!!!
She's fine now... back on the street, fit, healthy and strong!!!
Reminded me of my first ever job..... trainee vet nurse in Belgravia, London.

htrexists
Member # 12079
 - posted
Salsa,

I've been facing the same problem the past couple of months, till i reached the PetsMarche guys! They're amazing! They got me my Pedigree Basset Hound in minutes!!!

I think they have listings of all the breeders in Egypt & internationally!

Try contact them directly, i have their e-mail info@petsmarche.com

hope that helps,
best of luck!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com