EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » sand sucks » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
minry80
Member # 8287
 - posted
I just came home and was covered with sand! This is craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
It looks like the Khamseen has come early this year; my place is the same. I am debating whether to clean it up as it comes or wait until it is over...which could be several days...if not longer!!! It depends on how long can I stand it [Eek!]

minry80
Member # 8287
 - posted
I ate sand for lunch today.

*Tigerlily*
Member # 3567
 - posted
snow and rain sucks.......

Serendipity
Member # 7211
 - posted
i kinda like rain [Smile]
and i dont understand why ppl take umbrellas with them.. I like getting wet.. even though the hijab is kinda annoying when wet.. but i love it!

lol minry.. thats gotta suck.. how long does this sand storm continue?

Anthropos
Member # 9410
 - posted
are sand storms the only weather changes in Egypt?
The two times I have been in Cairo the weather was so boring - indeed the one day there was a sand storm it was a refreshing change!

Snoozin
Member # 6244
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
and i dont understand why ppl take umbrellas with them.. I like getting wet.. even though the hijab is kinda annoying when wet.. but i love it!

lol minry.. thats gotta suck.. how long does this sand storm continue?

Warm rain, yes. Cold, icy rain....NO! [Eek!]

Serendipity
Member # 7211
 - posted
boring?? BORING?? HUH!!?? I looove the weather there.. would love to have it instead of they cloudy weather here..
my sister called me she told me its around 26 degrees over there..
Boring?? its called warm and sunny [Big Grin]

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
Azyap time in Hurghada, I've been told!!!
It's the only time you can hang your washing out.... and have it come in wetter than it went out!!! YEUK!!!
And... underwater.... everything is churned up!!! Maybe I'm glad I'm not back diving yet!!!

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Azyap time in Hurghada, I've been told!!!
It's the only time you can hang your washing out.... and have it come in wetter than it went out!!! YEUK!!!
And... underwater.... everything is churned up!!! Maybe I'm glad I'm not back diving yet!!!

Same in DC during summer... Soon.. [Big Grin]

LovedOne
Member # 10222
 - posted
It was sunny almost all day today! It was so nice.
Though it was colder than heck out.
[Smile]

Mimmi
Member # 3606
 - posted
Here we have a beautiful spring-winter morning -10c and very bright sun and white white snow.
It will get warmer during the day.
My Egyptian husband got the hint of downhill skiing last winter and he loves it so it is a great time for that at the moment and he is already quite good in it.
The weather is beautiful and the cold does not feel bad at all as it is a dry cold and no wind.
I must admit though that I miss the sun and the warmth of Egypt and even the sand I love the deserts

7ayat- nefsi fe sobya
Member # 7043
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
Here we have a beautiful spring-winter morning -10c and very bright sun and white white snow.
My Egyptian husband got the hint of downhill skiing last winter and he loves it so it is a great time for that at the moment and he is already quite good in it.
The weather is beautiful and the cold does not feel bad at all as it is a dry cold and no wind.
I must admit though that I miss the sun and the warmth of Egypt and even the sand I love the deserts

-10c is a beautiful spring morning??? oh my god that is freezing!!!!! [Eek!]

Semsema
Member # 5415
 - posted
Hey Samia, Guess who cleaned their balcony again at the weekend? No more until the end of the month when I am told this should blow itself out.
There is sand everywhere, and I mean everywhere!

Mimmi
Member # 3606
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:

-10c is a beautiful spring morning??? oh my god that is freezing!!!!! [Eek!]
Belive me it does not feel cold.
That's what my husband was surprised of first time when he came here in the winter.
We know what to wear to keep warm and indoors it is never cold.

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
I just came home and was covered with sand! This is craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

No kidding, even if I bolt up the apartment, this fine small dust comes in from I don't know where! Grrr! I just sweep and dust 50 times a day to keep it at bay!

primak
Member # 494
 - posted
there's sand in my bed...how does it get there?

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Did you eat a SANDwich there?
[Big Grin]

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818
 - posted
Theres sand in my bath also and i can feel the sand`s smell all around the house..Harkkkkkk Puiiiiii (dats a spit) [Razz]

7ayat- nefsi fe sobya
Member # 7043
 - posted
i remeber when i moved to cairo for university and for the first time i was living alone. there was khamaseen, and the maid suggested that we close all the windows and balcony, but i told her not to, because i'm hot, and its not that dusty anyway! the next day i woke up, and i swear the entire house was covered by sand. i even had sand on my blanket, pillow, hair, and mouth! ya lahwi! from then on i learned to close the windows!

minry80
Member # 8287
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
Did you eat a SANDwich there?
[Big Grin]

Yes....but without the "wich" part

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818
 - posted
7ayat,my windows are closed ALL of them but still its sneaking in somehow.im washing all the house every day,but im changing water around 5 times onto one room only..this really sucks!!!besides its really tiring.I just cleaned the kitchen cabinets last week,come and take a look now how they look,GRRRRRR full of sand.

Snoozin
Member # 6244
 - posted
Is this wind blowing from east to west? How long does it last?

Some type of wind picks sand up from the Sahara desert each year and carries the sand as far as Florida!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4775192

Asooma
Member # 8611
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
It looks like the Khamseen has come early this year; my place is the same. I am debating whether to clean it up as it comes or wait until it is over...which could be several days...if not longer!!! It depends on how long can I stand it [Eek!]

I'm wondering are you "he" or "she"! [Confused]

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Hey Samia, Guess who cleaned their balcony again at the weekend? No more until the end of the month when I am told this should blow itself out.
There is sand everywhere, and I mean everywhere!

Yeeeeuk.... so my apartment will also be full of sand!!! I'll probably spend my first day back just cleaning out!!! [Frown]

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Is this wind blowing from east to west? How long does it last?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4775192

In Hurghada it goes from South to North, instead of the other way round.... if the diving centres get caught out,and don't moor their boats in the opposite direction.... total devastation and destruction..... I've seen it!!!

Member # 10289
 - posted
Today seemed to improve thankfully.
Not only dealing with the mess everywhere, it kills my sinuses! Each time this sandy wind picks up I catch a cold.... [Frown]

LovedOne
Member # 10222
 - posted
Does no one wear any kind of mask to protect themselves from inhaling it all? It can't be good for your insides.

Member # 10289
 - posted
I don't know about that but I pretty much become a hermit. I stay indoors, and don't really leave unless absolutely necessary, having my husband go out and get things needed alone. I'm perfectly happy locking myself indoors to let the dust storm pass...
People here just seem used to it~
I'm soft! [Frown] [Frown]

Serendipity
Member # 7211
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:

///

Have plenty of rain here in Cali- if u want some [Big Grin]

well i take back what i said...
rain and cold weather is NOT GOOD!
It was a rainstorm today, and me and mum decided to go shop food for the dinner party tomorrow.
the wind blew north, the wind blew south, the wind blew everywhere.. and the rain.. it was like being in the shower with clothes on!!!!

garfield
Member # 10258
 - posted
I remember my first real dust storm in Hurghada...thought I was in a WHITE OUT like in the winter time in Wisconsin....not fun at all

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com