EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » European cakes » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Dolce Vita
Member # 11146
 - posted
The EU's Institute of the Regions has published a new website called Cafe Europe. One of the pages has a list of the most representative kind of sweet for each EU country. What would you choose as the cake of Egypt?
http://www.cafeeurope.at/sweet.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4755659.stm

Egyptlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
You are really into food, don't you? [Wink] That's your second topic about it since you joined ES plus your avatar shows a hot dog. Well, well..... [Wink]

In my own opinion I never really liked Egyptian sweets, too much sugar and many are really sticky. Although I really liked to eat wellmade Om Aly. I am kinda spoiled because German cakes are just incredible good-tasting and its hard to measure up to them. When I lived in Cairo and I would develop a craving for sweets I usually made a trip to the Marriott bakery and I remember they had a really good cheese cake with raspberry sauce. Hm, yuuuuummmmy! [Smile]

Timo
Member # 7193
 - posted
DOLCE VITAAAAAAAA ....I LOVE U...POST MORE OF THESE TOICS [Wink]

Melati
Member # 9610
 - posted
I really dont know what the egyptian sweet should be( do they have a sweet koshari? LOL)
um ali maybe?
but the portuguese one on that link looks tempting..and whats that lithuanian thing? Looks like a stalactite/stalactite art installation-is it waffles gone all spiky?Could be very yummy!

Timo
Member # 7193
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
I really dont know what the egyptian sweet should be( do they have a sweet koshari? LOL)
um ali maybe?
but the portuguese one on that link looks tempting..and whats that lithuanian thing? Looks like a stalactite/stalactite art installation-is it waffles gone all spiky?Could be very yummy!

we have really fatening delicious sweets around here [Big Grin] ...UM ALI IS MY FAVOURITE [Wink] ...did u try lebanes/syrian sweets ?? its kinda the same

MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari
Member # 8356
 - posted
HOG DOG HEHEHEHE

That's its name from now on!

Egyptlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
HOG DOG HEHEHEHE

That's its name from now on!

Yes you got me here but look lately I am practicing rhyming words with the children to improve their writing abilities so I guess this explains the mistake. Then again it could have been worse like Frog Dog or Smog Dog or ......

Really it wasn't my intention to insult any hot dog, wallahi I swear. [Smile]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com