EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray while filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.

Irwin was killed by a stingray barb to the heart on Batt Reef, off the remote resort town of Port Douglas in northeastern Queensland state, his wildlife park Australia Zoo said in a statement.

Crew members aboard Irwin's boat, Croc One, called emergency services in the nearest city, Cairns, and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead a short time later, the statement said.

Irwin was famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchword "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter," which was first broadcast in Australia in 1992 and has aired around the world on the Discovery channel.

He rode his image into a feature film, and developed the Australia Zoo as a tourist attraction.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Yes, I've just seen it in the news too. What a shame, I always enjoyed his documentaries on TV. He touched and held sometimes animals I wouldn't even dare to see. But as someone from his crew said he died while doing what he loved. I feel very sad for his wife and his two little children..... [Frown]

cHiMpSs
Member # 11270
 - posted
your joking my daughter loved him ,she was facinated by him ,ohhhhhhhhhh she will dwell on it now if me say something i let her find out naturally ,oh that s sad....

Member # 10289
 - posted
Yes I liked to watch him too, thought he was crazy in a fun kind of way, I think he had a daughter, sad.

Jamsie Cottar
Member # 9824
 - posted
Oh that is so sad. I loved watching him on discovery when he was with the snakes. He would pounce on a great big one and grab it by the tail . I loved when he and his wife and their little dog went on the canoes and he and his wife would leap out and wrestle the crocs...........
Oh that is so very sad. He was so funny........ [Frown] and crazy

get_over_it
Member # 11286
 - posted
By a bizarre coincidence, we were only talking about Steve Irwin at the weekend. Our Australian friends had just returned from a trip to Oz and had visited his zoo. It was the first time my husband had heard of him, so we were telling him all about his crocodile wrestling and how he'd pick up all sorts of huge, scary snakes and lizards without even flinching.

What a shock, and so sad.

Albino_Eskimo
Member # 11479
 - posted
To help make this a thread about Egypt I will put in my two cents.

I was lucky enough to have some private moments away from the family flat at the beach, but half the time it was after dark and so had to be extremely careful how I tread in the water and where I put my foot down.

Why? because jelly fish still hang out at night and you cannot see them. Secondly because I nearly stepped on a sting ray a few times. The sting ray were all quite small, but didn't want my first experience of stepping on one to be without anyone around to help.

The waves were awesome and body surfing is much better at the public beaches, but treading through the water at night can be dangerous in Alex.

Be careful.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243
 - posted
my ex rang me this morning to tell me hed just heard it on the news.. he was actually upset by it. i feel so sorry for his wife and kids and his dog. [Frown]

germanjulia
Member # 8781
 - posted
i am very very sad too. he was so crazy and funny; i cannot believe that he's dead.

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I think he had a daughter, sad.

he also had a son of 2 years [Frown]

jessie
Member # 681
 - posted
I can't believe he wasn't dead years ago!
That stuff was really dangerous. Bet he didn't have life insurance.

uklady
Member # 11161
 - posted
I felt very sad hearing that news today to!

ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718
 - posted
Shocking indeed. He would make me laugh in his shows.

ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817
 - posted
Yes, I just heard on the news! I still can't believe it's true. It is soooooooo sad. As I always watched him with the crocodiles, and see how brave he was, I never in my life would imagine he would be killed by a stingray....... I really loved watching him, even when many others stopped watching him when he was accused of putting his child in danger with a crocodile. His show was cancelled because of this.

My prayers go out to his family.....

Ya Ragal
Member # 11695
 - posted
I was shocked to hear this, and feel for his family. I suppose on the plus side, he died doing something he enjoyed, and as he always said " Crocs rule"

Ngeg
Member # 1271
 - posted
Is he the blond guy who comes on the DECLARE OR BEWARE ad that hits u when u r landing into australia?

Poor thing, whether it's the same annoying guy or not im really saddened by the news.

Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
So sad. He was a funny weird entertaining guy. I was a bit shocked (in the negative way) when he held his babyboy (very very little) close to a big crocodile. That was not a funny stunt and it nearly went wrong. From that time on I didn't like him much. Seing that little boys head flying around on the ONE! arm of his dad with a gig crocodile jaws just few feet away was too much. Then he crossed the line and had become to media attention horny........

Semsema
Member # 5415
 - posted
I was so angry last night when watching Sky News. The stupid commentator was talking to an 'expert' and asked: Do Stingrays often attack people?

Stingrays do not 'attack' people. If they are on the bottom and someone stands on it, the barb will be raised as a defense mechanism. The same if they feel threatened whilst swimming. Steve Irwin was only the third person to be killed by a Stingray in Australia.

According to his mate who was with him whilst filming, he was not in anyway threatening the Stingray when he was hit by the barb. Just an unlucky incident.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169
 - posted
This tragic event reminded me again on our birth, life purpose, God, and death, and that - Nobody knows how they'll die. I mean, who would ever tell that Steve will lose his life by a Stingray. [Frown] He accomplished his Mission and it was time for him to go.

I liked this guy very much, he was so passionate kind person and full of energy. I guess his children and wife will probably continue the work he did in the past.

Member # 10289
 - posted
"But I put my life on the line to save animals." (Steve Irwin...February 22, 1962--September 4, 2006)

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169
 - posted
You see. He gave up his Life for love for Animals.
He probably was born to do that, then his tragic death now associates people with what he did, thus he accomplished his Mission.

One person can make a history. In fact I have read somewhere something along the lines, 'while you are here try to make a history'. If you can. The life is not only about basic living and paying bills.

Member # 10289
 - posted
yes that reminds of me 'leave the world better than when you came into it'. I like that thought [Smile]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243
 - posted
the entire future history of all of humanity can depend on the change of heart of one simple man..

or something like that!

i read it tattooed on a man once!!!

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Farewell for Steve Irwin in Australia

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060920/ap_en_ce/crocodile_hunter_8

Pictures:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/lf/090406steveirwin

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Thanks for the pics Tiger.
Farewell Croc Hunter.............

garfield
Member # 10258
 - posted
Thankyou for the pictures as I was not able to see it on TV. Let us always remember the work and goal of Steve and continue this in his name.

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
So sad. He was a funny weird entertaining guy. I was a bit shocked (in the negative way) when he held his babyboy (very very little) close to a big crocodile. That was not a funny stunt and it nearly went wrong. From that time on I didn't like him much. Seing that little boys head flying around on the ONE! arm of his dad with a gig crocodile jaws just few feet away was too much. Then he crossed the line and had become to media attention horny........

And of course that in noway can help Animals!

What if that little baby was killed? will people still call him a hero or nuts?

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655
 - posted
In Egypt we have a family called El 7elw family and they are known for their circus shows where they play with animals. They have lions at home and they keep the baby lions free there.

The big father of this family was killed by a lion he raised. the same lion stopped eating any food after that and died a week later.

Placebo Flamingo
Member # 11857
 - posted
Tonight Thurs 21st Sept @ 00.00 KSA time on MBC 4

Bindi Irwin talks of her wonderful daddy.
Moments from the memorial service tonight. [Frown]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com