EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Life in Al-Rehab City or 6 october...anyone live(d) there? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
schoolbound
Member # 11876
 - posted
Hello everyone, I am trying ot find all possible information on Al-Rehab City and 6 October city.
My main concerns are the green areas (how well is it maintained and does anyone know the best streets, phases or whatever to live in) what r the reasons one area is better than another.
I do not and will not have a car in egypt so can anyone tell me about transportation in those areas? I cannot run and jump onto a moving bus with two kids so is there any "normal" transportation services out of rehab or 6 october?
i read somewhere that rehab has a free shuttle service within the compund and that a fee service every 20 minutes to cairo (anyone want to elaborate on this?)
what about swimming pools kids playgrounds?
please i would love to hear everything u have to say about these areas and if u lived there or visited and have pics it would also be great.
im dying to settle on an area and then find out about renting there.
what is there available to do and what is the standard?
how is the shopping in those areas or you must go outside?
which shops are available?
are they overpriced because of foreigners there?
plz all info...every tid bit.
thx a bunch

schoolbound
Member # 11876
 - posted
anyone?

CairoStudent
Member # 10528
 - posted
Living in Rehab without a car is a bad idea.

If you never leave the compound that's ok, because everything you need including doctors pharmacy food etc is available inside Rehab.

But if you need to be in Cairo for work or study, you will need to have a car. The shuttle is slow and a pain, it is often late, overcrowded ,etc.

Everyone in Rehab is selling or renting their flats out because they get sick of the distance to the city.

brigitte
Member # 6771
 - posted
I`m living with my family in Rehab sice June and we have no car I go to Nasr City by the Rehab bus it need around 15 min and the other to the metrostation Saray al Kobba around 30 min and.
Rehab has a Club (you can be a member forever or yearly od. for 3 month) with playgrounds and swimmingpools if you want to see more look at the website www.alrehabcity.com

yorkshirelad
Member # 11991
 - posted
Hi, I have also been living here with my family since February. I prefer Rehab to other parts of Cairo like Nasr City, Attaba etc. As mentioned there is a sports club called an-naady which is very expensive IMO. There is a partially built medical centre about 5 minutes walk from the shopping mall.

We don't have a car as I don't think I would last five minutes driving in Cairo, but we take a taxi to Carre four every 10 days or so, but there are loads of grocery shops within Rehab itself.

The gardens are well maintained with nice greenery, bushes and flowers.

The British school is inside Rehab but it is also pretty expensive.

malak
Member # 3654
 - posted
Hi I thought if you lived in Rehab and owned the club was free?

jsg4535
Member # 11772
 - posted
We live in Al rehab and we like it. We have a car so if we need to go into town we do but It has all the stores you want along with a small mall. The green areas are nice, we live in a small villa and having a small yard is nice. You don't have to worry to much about the traffic.

yorkshirelad
Member # 11991
 - posted
Hi Malik, If you buy a property within Rehab then as far as I understand, the price includes club membership, but not if one is renting. If anyone knows otherwise then please let me know.

brigitte
Member # 6771
 - posted
The Club is incl. if you buy an apartment over (I´m not really sure) 135 sqm under it you must pay extra money for the clubmebership also if you only rent an apartment you can make a mebership for 3 month or yearly

yorkshirelad
Member # 11991
 - posted
Would you happen to know the prices for the club? Someone told me it was about £3000 sterling for 6 months!!

CheshireCat
Member # 1483
 - posted
I think that this place is also known as the Priory. (Al-REhab) Many famous ppl have stayed there inc. Pete Docherty. Kate Moss,Jason Donovan etc etc.

brigitte
Member # 6771
 - posted
The price for the Club is about 22000 LE for ever and for 3 month it was 500 and 1 year 2000 LE but I heard the raise the price a littlebit

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com