EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Air Gun Laws in Egypt » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Red Electric
Member # 11973
 - posted
Hello Everyone.

Firstly I would like to say how interesting these forums are, I've been fascinated by al the posts and I think this is a really great forum.

I have a question which I have had some difficulty trying to find an answer to.

Does anybody know what the laws are in egypt regarding the use of air rifles, Ie, if I had access to a small piece of land and had permission of the land owner would I be able to use an air gun there for shooting targets (not animals as I dont do that).

Or would anyone know who I could contact to find out? Its just something I enjoy doing and I may be coming to live in egypt for several months, perhaps longer and was really hoping I would be able to continue to practice my target shooting there. Here in the uk you are allowed to use one so long as you have permission or are a member of a club, and so long as the rifle is within the uk legal limits of 12ft lbs.

Many Thanks

Martin [Smile]

gentle_giant
Member # 10863
 - posted
2 years ago you could buy an air pistol at the local supermarket, but I haven't seen that lately.

I really don't know, but there are a lot of shooting clubs here.

Red Electric
Member # 11973
 - posted
Hi Gentle_Giant,

Thanks.

That sounds like good news, I guess if there are shooting clubs, then it sounds like there is support for the sport there. I searching all over the web trying to find out but to no avail.

I will try and search for clubs instead and see if I can contact them and ask.

Thanks again

Martin

Siwa
Member # 11965
 - posted
Hi Martin,
Yeah the do shooting at the shooting club in Dokki - clay pigeon shooting is big there! and at El-Shamus club in Heliopolis. I'm not sure if they do air gun.
phone: 20 2 337 4464 / +20 2 337 4333

Good luck,

Siwa

flaccido berlingo
Member # 11857
 - posted
Seen quite a few gun and ammo shops in cairo last trip. Doubt any problem using an air gun. Check with gun shop when you get here. [Smile]

jessie
Member # 681
 - posted
Where I live, certain times of the year, it seems everyone has an airgun. [pigeons dropping from the sky,] i don't think you'll have any problem getting an airgun here or using it where you like.
If you'd like to endanger a species, people organise shooting trips to the desert too. [Razz]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com