EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Wrong number » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
sunburnt
Member # 4986
 - posted
I have just answered my telephone for the 4th time to the same woman wanting Sunshine supermarket, told her she has the wrong number but she puts the phone down and presses redial, this happens most nights and up until about 3am.
Also do people here never want to pay to talk to you. all those missed calls on my mobile so that I will phone them back drives me nuts, I for one dont phone back now, u want to speak to me well pay for the call
Sorry rant over [Smile]

Chinderella angel TORMENTOR
Member # 11953
 - posted
Why dont u switch both your mobile & phone off before you so to sleep? I do that

If the same woman starts to call...... why not leave the phone on for a while so that you give her a busy tone

BANANA FACE(luv it toots thnx)
Member # 11270
 - posted
in the same boat babes i get plenty sometimes im keep them talking cause they are paying the bill ,then im tell them they have wrong no ,oh they are soooooooooooo mad ..but well thats me piss taker as usual [Smile]

Ngeg
Member # 1271
 - posted
Now,
With the sunshine woman: ask her what she wants then tell her the delivery boy didnt come to work.

The missed call is part of the Egyptian culture now!!!! It's shameful but there's no way u can get around it.

sunburnt
Member # 4986
 - posted
I can't switch off my phone or leave it on "busy" the nature of my job means I am on call 24/7,

There is a way to get round the missed call, do what I do refuse to ring back if they need me that much they can surely pay the call.

soozi
Member # 11108
 - posted
Is it possible to change your number?

imagine
Member # 11591
 - posted
i agree with the missed call thing. Especially if i know the person have credit on his/her phone or have the money to buy it. then it really pisses me off. do you think i am rich?? And sometimes when you call back, the person just wanted to chit-chat.... hmmmmm

in cases where i know the person have money, or dosent want anything special i just give em missed call right back.

sunburnt
Member # 4986
 - posted
No cant change my number its a business line too many peopel to inform.

Imagine I also get missed calls from someone is Hurgaha and its always in the middle of the night
the calls are not for me and I have had an egyptian telephone and tell them they have the wrong number but the missed calls keep coming

Everyone's_a_Pascha
Member # 12077
 - posted
If you have caller ID get her number find out where she lives and then send in a very scruffy balady dude to "pay a romantic visit" in full view of her neighbors and parents.

Hopefully the embarrassment and damage to her rep will cease the calls.

But have the scruffy dude call her in advance and give her an opportunity to mend her ways.

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by sunburnt:
No cant change my number its a business line too many peopel to inform.

Imagine I also get missed calls from someone is Hurgaha and its always in the middle of the night
the calls are not for me and I have had an egyptian telephone and tell them they have the wrong number but the missed calls keep coming

Sunburnt I used to have the same problem. I also wasn't able to turn off my phone or change my number. Part of my job involved returning missed calls because field staff had the right to make them and be called back (24 hours/day!). It didn't take me long to realise that sometimes I would receive a genuine wrong number and after hearing my English accent they would give me continuous missed calls and get their friends to do the same. Sometimes it would go on for hours and each new number I would call back only to find it was some idiot who wanted to hear my voice. I had one man who used to call and insist I must be Suzy.. the last time I had to resort to cursing him in Arabic - he never called back [Big Grin]

Half solution - save each "wrong" number as Asshole 1, asshole 2 etc so that you don't miss important calls, assign special ring tone for them so you know not to run for the phone when they ring [Big Grin]

jessie
Member # 681
 - posted
Oh boy, I have this woman too! Except she calls every Sunday morning to ask if I am a high school in Amreya.I think she likes my voice.I never check the number, always too sleepy.And it's the land line so I have to get out of bed.

samakwish
Member # 9228
 - posted
That's funny Not Sleepless in Cairo. I get continuous missed calls, even through the night, from some idiot I have listed on my mobile as Asshole! [Big Grin]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com